How to hide other shipping methods when free shipping is available

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi

I want to hide other shipping options when free shipping is available in checkout. Is there any way of doing this? Dont want to do it thorugh an App that applies free shipping discounts as it restricts the customer from applying genuine discount coupons.

Is there anyway of showing only free shipping and no other shipping option when free shipping is available for the customer.

Thanks

Mani.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 5

Hey there! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! When shipping rates are displayed for your customer at the checkout, the cheapest option for shipping will appear first. To only have free shipping rates show - you do have a couple of options! 
Your first option would be to manually adjust your shipping rates so that the appropriate products only have the free shipping rate show at the checkout. What you could do is make sure those products (that require free shipping) have high weights, and then adjust your shipping rates to have free shipping for those heavy weights. Adjusting your rates manually like this can get a bit sticky, for example/ if you did have a customer add multiple products (with low weights) to a cart, those weights would add up and they might end up getting free shipping. See how you would manually adjust your shipping rates here.

I know that you had mentioned you didn't want to use apps, but the apps Better Shipping and Advanced Shipping Manager would allow you to set specific rates to your products, which would save you a lot of time and it would make for more accurate results. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Kassey

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate your help. Will check the apps that you have mentioned. My issue is that I dont want to set shipping rates for each product. My requirement is simple, when the order value goes above Rs. 2000, I want to give free shipping and I dont want the paid shipping options to show. The problem right now is that all the shipping options are shown. 

Can advanced shipping manager or better shipping do this for me? Please let me know. I want to do this without coupons as the other apps that I have seen to this manage this with the help of coupons that get applied automatically and I am not in favour of that.

Thanks

Mani.

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks Kassays,

Your information is very useful. Thanks for guiding us and for detailed answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello.  I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem.  Did you figure this out?  Right now they have to choose free shipping.  I'm afraid they won't see this and then complain that they didn't get free shipping even though they met the requirements.

1 Like
Highlighted
Hey @TeesofFaith,

I wouldn't worry about customers not selecting free shipping if it's available - if there is an option to not pay for something, they'll choose free.

A concern I have with only showing free shipping at checkout when it's available is that you're not giving your customers the opportunity to get their order faster. Some people are willing to pay extra because they are in a time crunch.

I hope this helps!
Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
I’m looking for the same solution - we should be allowed to add conditions for calculated rates but we can only add them for custom rates. “If cart is $X+ = hide this option” seems like a basic condition that should be allowed without adding another expensive app. It’s just messy showing redundant options, and people seem to misinterpret them and cause problems after selecting a paid rate when they could have gotten free.
2 Likes