How to hide the credit card box in Shopify Payments

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I sell in the Netherlands and Belgium and only want to use Shopify Payments to accept iDEAL and Bancontact.
I have disabled all credit card options, but the credit card box still shows up (see images).

I have seen the same issue on other posts, where a Shopify Guru typically answers that Shopify is not able to hide the credit card box due to the secure nature of the checkout. This answer is absolutely not convincing!! It is not that hard to hide a simple box!

So now I am left with a credit card box that I don't want, and if my customers try to checkout with it they get an error because I disabled all credit card options.

The main reason I don't want this credit card box is that it is always shown first, and customers in the Netherlands/Belgium are scared away by this on the mobile checkout because they don't see the familiar iDeal or Bancontact.

dutchmerchant_0-1603628059963.png

shopify instellingen.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

P.S. A solution that would suffice is to change the order of the payment methods (see image below). This screenshot is not from my checkout page, it's from a store I found online.

dutchmerchant_0-1603629699472.png

0 Likes