How to make a Raffle Draw that only charges selected customers

Highlighted
1 0 0

I want to do a Draw for a item on my site. I want it where a customer can input there shipping and billing information and checkout regularly but they are not charged unless I choose them. 

I broke it down to make it easier to understand:

1. Customer chooses product and proceeds to checkout.

2. Customer inputs shipping and billing information as usual

3: Customer chooses shipping and sees total price

3: Customer checks out

4: customer is not charged unless I approve.

I want it to be just like the draw on SNKRS app if anyone is familiar with that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 151

Hey, there.

I would love to see what I can do to help you out with this.

When it comes to billing information you're not going to be able to hold credit card information for a really long time. If you're using Shopify Payments you have the ability to authorize a payment anytime within 7 days of them placing the order and you capturing the funds. If you try to capture the payment any time after that you'll see that the billing information will have expired. If you were to do this you would need to make sure that you have Manual Capture under Settings > Payment Providers selected rather than Automatic Capture.

d41eh-057ko

This link will take you to another forum post that goes into more detail about payment deferrals. 

Honestly, I think that this would be what you'd want to do and I think that it would check all of the boxes that you need to be checked. However, you'll have to choose someone before the 7 days is up. 

If you're looking for an actual raffle app I suggest the app called Raffle

Another option is for you to have a straight draw for a customer who will win and then you could send them a Draft Order when you know who it is. Draft orders will allow you to bill them later by sending an invoice directly to their inbox. 

If my suggestions are not going to work at all you could also reach out to the Shopify Experts to see if there is anything that they could build for you in order to accommodate all the specific features that you're looking for. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes