How to manage orders that need to be reshipped (due to some of these issues)?

TheCraw
Tourist
12 0 3

Joel, does this approach keep your sales numbers straight?

0 Likes
CCELLandMore
1 0 1

Works for us.  We apply a 100% discount to a replacement order.  Keeps stock in check and incoming figures correct.

TheCraw
Tourist
12 0 3

So in our case where everything goes through customs, am I correct in guessing that the labeling shows a 0 value on everything?  Would be okay for Canadian orders but would not be accurate for international nor would the various countries accept this as they would not be paying the duties due. We usually always get the packages back eventually (although can take up to 4 months sometimes). When that happens how do you handle the inventory. It is a very creative work around for Canadian orders. I like the fact as well that the history would be tracked automatically to the customer so you can see later what went on. Not sure but will try it on some international orders as I have two that went missing in Spain and Italy and have to resend.

Still amazed that something that happens in every business Shopify has no valid process for and has people all jumping through hoops to make the system work.

0 Likes
KiriousLA
1 0 0

Works great! Thanks!

0 Likes
TheCraw
Tourist
12 0 3
I tried it by duplicating the order and then crediting the full amount of
the order (I guess you can do percent or dollar amount so I picked a dollar
amount) and then generated a mailing list. It showed a 0 dollar balance but
the individual items still had their dollar amounts on them. Generated a
mailing label (this is for overseas) and was pleasantly surprised the
negative amount does not show up on the mailing label (basically looks
exactly the same as the original one) printed it and will be sending it off
tomorrow. This should keep the tax people quite happy.

This looks like the best work around I have seen so far. Thanks for writing
the original idea.
0 Likes
petereroe
Tourist
8 0 6

It's so weird that there isn't a proper way of doing this though. Come on Shopify!

TheCraw
Tourist
12 0 3

I agree completely. It still takes more time than it should and is complicated. If you are not doing them all the time (which we are not) will have to go and look up exactly how to do it each time. I totally agree. Stuff gets lost all the time and has to be reshipped.

0 Likes
catbiz
1 0 0

The only thing I would add to this is you can apply a discount to the item to make the total for the order $0.  Then, mark it as paid.  That way, your accounting won't show an extra payment.

0 Likes