How to remove Google Pay Button from Checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello dear Shopify community,

how can I remove the Google Pay button from the checkout?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Borussini!

I would be happy to help with this. If you're not looking to accept payment via Google Pay and would like to get rid of the option completely from the checkout page, simply head over to Settings > Payment Providers. If you're using Shopify Payments as your payment gateway you'll want to click on the "Edit" button at the top of the page. That will open up a section where you can edit your Shopify Payment information and payment options. It looks something like this:

07-02-esrw9-txv9c

From there, you'll want to de-select Google Pay from the Accelerated Checkouts section. After a few moments, you'll notice the Google Pay button is no longer appearing on your checkout. These step-by-step instructions can also be found on our Help Center here. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you're not looking to use Google Pay for your shop? It's always good for us to understand our merchant's decisions to build a better platform for everyone!.

Cheers!

Sunny

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, Sunny,
we have not yet finalized Shopify Payements. Once this is set up I will follow your instructions. Thank you very much for your help!
We don't currently use Google Pay and it's not that widespread in Germany.
Do you have any idea how I can get the Paypal button on my product page?
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hello again, @Borussini!

Thanks for sharing that extra context with me as to why you aren't looking to use Google Pay. As I mentioned, it's always great for us to understand the needs of our merchants.

As for your question regarding adding a PayPal button to your product page, I'd be happy to help with that! We have a neat feature called Dynamic Checkout Buttons that allows for quick checkouts on product pages. Luckily, this button is also available for third-party checkouts such as PayPal, as well as Apple Pay, Amazon and Google Pay. I'd recommend taking a look at this guide here to learn more Dynamic Checkout Buttons and how to set everything up.

You'll also want to make sure your PayPal account is set up in your Settings > Payment Provider section in your admin. It's actually best practice to deactivate PayPal and then reactivate it to make sure you are enabling all permissions and that you have the correct email connected. You can read more about that here

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Cheers,

Sunny

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes