How to replace bank account without old numbers?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm trying to replace the bank account that payments funnel into because I don't use the same bank anymore. I don't even have access to the routing and account number of my old bank. Is there a way I can replace the bank account without the old numbers? I can't really start running ads until it's replaced.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @m_Thomas!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

There are a few places that you can find for your old bank information as long as you didn't have a typo when you entered it into the settings initially. It'll be much quicker for you to locate this information with your old bank.

Here's where you can find your old account information so you can reference it when making your changes on your account:

• Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question.

• Online Banking: You could log in to your online banking and should be able to locate the banking details there.

• Contacting your bank: You could also contact the bank directly to request the account details.

• Paper statement from bank: You could also look to your paper statement from your bank to find these details.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, Lilith. Thanks for getting back to me.

Honestly, I went through my paper work. I must have thrown away my BB&T folder. It was two years ago that I setup this account. The bank account has probably been closed for roughly the same amount of time. I know it seems odd to put off opening the store for two years, but some stuff came up. I have no way to access any of that information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
272 38 52

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @m_Thomas no worries! I'll send you an email directly and we can work with you to get this resolved. You should be receiving that email in a couple of minutes.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi! 

I am having a similar problem with my shopify account and would love some assistance on this. My bank account was terminated by the bank due to inactivity, and I sadly do not have any old checks to look up the old account. I have a couple shopify payouts that have failed becasue of this, and am wondering how to replace the bank account and direct those payments to the new account.

Would appreciate the help!

Best

Natasha

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Would it be possible for you to help me with this issue as well? I opened a new account with the same bank but they cant find the old account numbers. My shopify email is sarahrae6214@gmail.com if you could assist me. I have been trying to contact someone to help for days. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello I am also having this issue and cannot call support or anything. How can I get this fixed? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello ... is it possible for you to send me an email as well? I'm facing a similar issue - no idea how to access my old bank account and would like to change the information.

Thank you,

0 Likes