How to restrict certain products for certain countries using the weight based rates method?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

I sell X & Y products, I want to ship X worldwide and Y to the U.S. only. I have changed the weight of Y products to 200kg, while the X products are set to 0kg. My international shipping zone (all countries except U.S.) ranges from 0kg-25kg, while the U.S. shipping zone ranges from 200kg-300kg. Now when a customer tries to purchase a Y product the U.S.  should be the only country available, however, it isn't. What gives? Keep in mind that both zones (international and U.S.) have free shipping rate.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there Omar!

Don here from Shopify!

I had a look around on your store and selected one of the '1176' t-shirts to ship to a sample US address and the one free shipping rate showed up for me okay straight away:

alt

Something to be aware of when setting up and testing shipping rates is that often a browser's cache can save previous checkout visit data which can lead to some confusion.

Try clearing out your browser cache if you need to have a fresh checkout visit to test shipping settings or you could also use a cache-less browser window like Google Chrome's incognito mode whenever you need to test something.

I then tested by trying to ship to a UK address, and as you spotted there is still a free rate showing up there for the same product:

alt

Check in your shipping settings to make sure that there are only the weight-based rates in place as you described and not any other rates that might also apply to these orders as this would lead to conflict between your rates and would explain the way that rates are being displayed.

Check it out and let us know here if there's any outstanding issue with getting your rates to show up okay on your side. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there Don!

Thanks for your reply!

Is there a way to make it so that when a customer tries to purchase that same shirt (the 1776, for example) the U.S. is the only country on the list of countries?

Thanks!

1 Like