How to safeguard against fraud?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I have a question. What do you guys do to guard against fraudilent transactions? Stripe provides something called "Radar" that's supposed to safeguard agains fraud.

Has anyone tested it? Is it any good? Do you think that is enough or should I get for example the app called Signify to safeguard against fraud?

Would really appreciate some good answers on what to do and what to think about this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. I'm not completely familiar with "Radar" from Stripe, but I would recommend you to check it out to do your due diligence on all the different ways you can approach applying the best method for you on this. Your best bet would be to reach out to Stripe directly to find out more, but I did find their help guide on Radar which you can see here. I can, however, inform you of the new protection against fraudulent chargebacks for Shopify Payments which has been released. You can find out more information about it here. For some more information on fraud protection within Shopify in general, the help guide here goes into detail on what everything means. 

Also, I'm sure you have already had a look through the apps in the Shopify app store but just in case you haven't seen any of the apps for fraud outside of Signifyd which you mentioned, you can see a link to all of the apps here

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask any other questions should you have any. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi Nick,

Is the chargeback protection from Shopify free-of-charge?

Does it protect all merchants by default?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi MC_SPF,

The Chargeback protection from Shopify is available for Shopify store owners who are using Shopify Payments and are based in the USA. Regarding order eligibility, it would only be available for orders that were processed through Shopify Payments. Orders from other gateways such as Paypal or Point of Sale (POS) will be processed the same way as before you set up Fraud Protect. 

Shopify has a great guide going through everything you need to know about Fraud Protect which you can see here

If you are not based in the USA or don't use Shopify Payments and find yourself not eligible for Fraud Protect and are looking for some alternatives or have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply here and let me know. 

All the best, Nick

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you, Nick.

We are not using Shopify Payments. In this case, we are sticking with FraudLabs Pro.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi MC_SPF,

No problem at all. Glad to have been able to help. 

Yes, that makes sense and is probably your best bet for now. We're here to help so don't hesitate to reach out in the community here or to our support team here should you ever have any questions or queries. ?

All the best, Nick

0 Likes