How to select Thermal label format? Please help :)

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone! 

I'm currently at a lost. I am trying to use my new label printer and it works and prints well..

When I hit download or print on a purchased label, it downloads the Letter (8.5 × 11 inch) version.

I NEED the Thermal (4 × 6 inch / 100 × 150 mm / A6) Version...

There is no selection, settings or options anywhere for me to select the 4 x 6 download/print version...

Where can I find it?HELPME.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 85

Hi @CitiesAway!

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, would love to lend a hand here. 

In order to change the shipping label size, you must first click to fulfill an order and create a label. This will take you to the next screen where you can verify all of the appropriate shipping details. Once that's done, you click to purchase your label and the following page will be the Print shipping label page. Here, to the right, you will see a box titled Print options and a blue change format link: 

11-02-b3msy-by1tg

Selecting this will bring you to a pop-up screen that will allow you to select between Letter or Thermal sized labels: 

Make the appropriate selection and hit save! In the event that you selected and printed the wrong size label, you can follow the directions here to void and repurchase using the correct size. That's it! 

How are you finding Shopify's shipping components overall? Do you feel like it's working for you or are you needing more flexibility with the products you're shipping? Happy to chat further! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

So I select the thermal label, even do a test print, but the second I purchase and actually hit the print label it's ALWAYS the envelope format.  I can't fix this.  I need some help on fixing this as it's going to kill our label process unless we figure it out.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I should note that I looked at the selection and it says thermal label but still prints the envelope label.  

@mparry wrote:

So I select the thermal label, even do a test print, but the second I purchase and actually hit the print label it's ALWAYS the envelope format.  I can't fix this.  I need some help on fixing this as it's going to kill our label process unless we figure it out.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 85

Hi @mparry

Sorry you're still running into trouble with this one and thanks for confirming that your settings are definitely set to the Thermal label sizing.

This indicates to me that the issue may be in your printer's settings directly. Here's how to configure your printer settings on a PC and here is how to configure them using a mac.

Let me know if that does the trick! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Shopify should really also add this under the shipping area in admin. I spent over a hour trying to figure this out just for it to only be in the area when you buying the label. Place the select shipping label in the admin shipping area too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 85

Hello @PorchiaNicole

Thank you for your feedback! I agree that more visibility of this option would be a great idea. We are constantly striving to improve the platform and love hearing thoughts from our merchants, especially when it comes to the interface and user functionality. I'll be sure to submit this feedback to our teams on your behalf.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, did this problem gets solved because I am having the exact same problem and I need to get it fixed ASAP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 85

Hello @Rena_serenaa

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. Just to clarify, have you attempted the steps outlined below? 

In order to change the shipping label size, you must first click to fulfill an order and create a label. This will take you to the next screen where you can verify all of the appropriate shipping details. Once that's done, you click to purchase your label and the following page will be the Print shipping label page. Here, to the right, you will see a box titled Print options and a blue change format link: 

Selecting this will bring you to a pop-up screen that will allow you to select between Letter or Thermal sized labels: 

Make the appropriate selection and hit save! In the event that you selected and printed the wrong size label, you can follow the directions here to void and repurchase using the correct size.

If you've completed these steps but you're still running into a problem, I recommend reviewing your actually printer settings to make sure it is set to your thermal printer prior to proceeding. 

0 Likes