How to select Thermal label format? Please help :)

NatLee
2 0 0

What permission do I need to get the staff?

For us at the HQ we could see the option, but for the warehouse with limited access, they could not.

Please help.

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 47 105

Hi there, great question! 

For this kind of access, an account will likely need full permissions. 

When you assign full permissions to a staff member, they can access all of the functions that are available in your Shopify admin, with the exception of those functions that require store owner access.

Full permissions include all of the following permissions that are available for your store:

• General - Home, Orders, Draft orders, Products, Gift cards, Customers, Reports, Dashboards, Marketing, Discounts, Apps, Settings
  • Online store - Themes, Blog posts and pages, Navigation, Domains
  • Locations - Manage locations
  • App and channel access - Access to all apps is given by default

Is this a setting that needs to be changed frequently? If not, it will always remain on the last option selected rather than defaulting to one or the other.

Hope that helps! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
floatingchair
1 0 0

I went as myself the store owner and as a staff member who has full access and the option is not there for either account. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 47 105

Hi @floatingchair

Thanks for your message. As the account owner, you should definitely be able to access the formatting for your label settings. Here's how to get there: 

Select "Create Shipping Label":

Next, you'll purchase your label: 

And here is where you can access the link to change your label format: 

Selecting "change format" will bring up a screen like this and allow you to make changes or run a test print: 

When you get to this stage, can you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing instead? Looking forward to assisting you further with this. 

0 Likes
NatLee
2 0 0

Hi Ren7,

The problem I faced last month was that my warehouse team could not click the 'Change format' button in your last 2 screenshots before printing the label, so they could only print the default format. And that was the problem only at warehouse because those with more Settings permissions could change format. So we had to give the Settings to the warehouse guy to change the label format. As a side effect, the guy can also change the settings, which is not preferred. I already feedback to Shopify support last month, hope that there will be a fix to the permission soon, so people who can access only Orders can change the label directly.

0 Likes
Kurtaggie
3 0 0

none of these "solutions work"  there is no option to change the label under shipping or under creating a shipping label.  I'm the owner of the store. I have full rights how to a have Shopify create a 4x6 label correctly?   every screen shot you could ask for in regards to permissions and labels.  how do you change the label size to 4x6?

Kurtaggie_0-1606662393299.png

Kurtaggie_2-1606662456163.png

Kurtaggie_1-1606662408509.png

0 Likes
harperthelbl
Tourist
5 0 2

I'm also having the same issue. Has a fix been found?

0 Likes
janexjeong
1 0 0

I've been trying to fix mine for hours now too. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 47 105

Hi @Kurtaggie

The shipping label format can only be changed once the label is purchased. After buying the label and before printing, you should be given the option to change the format as per my screenshots above. The key is to purchase the label first. 

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 47 105

Hello @harperthelbl and @janexjeong 

Just to make sure, did you purchase the label first? You will not be presented with the option to change the format until the label has been purchased. Let me know how that goes! If the problem persists, please follow up with screenshots to help me better determine how to help! 

0 Likes