How to select default shipping for creating labels in bulk or disable USPS Parcel Select Ground

Tourist
9 0 4

SHopify recently added USPS Parcel Select Ground. I ship 95% of my packages USPS Priority Mail and have a pretty high volume. 30-40 orders a day. Ever since Parcel Select Ground was added, when I create shipping labels in bulk it defaults all my orders to Parcel Select Ground.  The difference in price is only 10 cents but the few packages I did ship Parcel Select took 10-14 days to arrive vs 2-3 days.

I contacted support and they said there is no way to set a default shipping method. It will default to he cheapest available option Shopify offers. 

I can create 20 labels at a time but then have to go through and change each one to Priority Mail and it is taking a LOT of time.

2 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

Nadda? :-(

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

The only work around I have found is to process one label selecting Priority Mail then the rest will default to Priority Mail but it will default back to Ground Select later in the day. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 4

I'm with ya man. I posted something similar. I have no idea why that service was added. Why would anybody use that to save 20 cents. It's just a huge PITA to work around. But my guess is that the response (if any) will be the usual... 'Gee, we have this great app you can buy to avoid that.'

1 Like
2 0 2

I agree. You should be able to select a default. I've accidentally selected the new parcel select many times because they forced this onto everyone's workflow. Then I have to void the labels and make it again with Priority. A few cents is not worth the extremely long transit. The Parcel Select is ONLY beneficial for certain box size/weight x distance. 95% of the time it is not worth it. 

1 Like
1 0 1

Thank you for posting this ... I'm having the exact same issue. Hopefully Shopify addresses this ASAP.

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 4

Ill do 10k orders this year and this is a major problem. Really a PITA. No response from Shopify.  

0 Likes