How to send language param for 2Checkout in Shopify?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi there!

I know this is a duplicated question but no one answered that thread.

Currently we are testing 2Checkout with Shopify, and we have a problem of displaying language in the external payment gateway.

2CO customer service replied me that for 2Checkout to display a specific language for customers from certain areas, Shopify must pass the parameter to 2Checkout.

So, is there a way to make it possible? This is important because most of our customers are not English speakers! Oh, please help us to solve this...

Thanks in advance!

----

Please see the kb article here:

http://help.2checkout.com/articles/FAQ/Do-you-offer-any-languages-other-than-English/

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, have you resolved the language setting. I've the same problem. 

Thanks in advance. 

Maxi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

No. Honestly, Shopify IS NOT an ideal solution for multilingual online stores. And, in my opinion, they have no desire to fix all these things. BTW, the way Liquid works is fundamentally incompatible, though not 100% unsolvable with some languages such as Chinese. This causes a lot of problems when using product tags, the built-in menu links and so on. I personally don't think that they put multilingual in mind. Or they wouldn't set locale as 'en' in the email templates.

Switch to another more customizable platform if you can. Don't waste time like me, you'll be exhausted.

PS. We found a local payment gateway, which allows some kind of customizations on their checkout process. So we are planing to add a simple language switcher there. Maybe you could try to find one in your area. God bless you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem. Any response from Shopify?
The only thing Shopify needs to do is add the language parameter to the url.
Like this:
https://www.2checkout.com/checkout/purchase?PTCOID=00000&lang=es_la

Anybody find a solution to this?

0 Likes