How to set up a Free Shipping Promotion to only apply to Standard Shipping (not Expedited Shipping)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

New Shopify user (BestPartyCrackers.com). I set up Standard and Expedited Shipping options with cost based bands based upon total order value. I'm trying to create a Free Shipping promotion so if that the user enters a promotion code they get free Standard Shipping.

I created the Free Shipping promotion and it works. But if a customer selects Expedited (Rush) shipping option and enters the code, Shopify removes the Expedited shipping charge. How do I set up the promotion and or shipping rates to prevent a customer who selects Expedited (Rush) shipping from getting free shipping when a free shipping promotion is created and used? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 21 8

Hello, @BestPartyCracke.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

You can exclude the expedited shipping rate from the free shipping discount, you can do this by setting up an exclusion for the shipping rate in the discount settings. This also provides control if you are shipping to multiple countries and only want to offer the discount to certain ones. Remember to set the exclusion amount lower than the expedited shipping rate as the same amount will still make the expedited shipping rate eligible for the discount. Here’s an example from my test store:

26-38-pokjj-cv0zf

26-40-uds67-mx73i

Let me know how that goes. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know in this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes