How to setup system so prices include taxes in cart instead of checkout only

Solved
2 0 1

Hello,

I'm collecting local taxes for a store. We want the cart to show prices with taxes included. Instead it shows prices without taxes and says it will charge taxes at checkout. Can it be changed?

fgd-cart-8-13-2019.jpg

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 18 30

Hey, @Habipax!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Yeah, you can certainly show VAT prices on your product pages and cart page. We have a guide on it here in our help centre. This is an advanced tutorial, which means it would be unsupported by our Theme Support team. They would not be able to assist here I'm afraid, as it is outside the scope of the support they can offer. However, you should be able to do this with the help of this guide but if not then you can consider hiring a Shopify Expert! You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need anything else at all. You can also ask us all sorts of things - If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

It worked. Thank you.

Just in case someone else is looking for this. The tutorial includes one instance to be changed in the cart page, but depending on the template there can be many more. It's easy to see though.

I also changed the language file to reflect the change.

1 Like