How to take away options from customer for shipping cost?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am starting a Shopify shop. First of all, I can not for free upload my hundreds of eBay listings which is annoying. But I also hate the Shopify shipping rates. I would much rather enter my own shipping options and costs manually than have the weight-based thing, as in the UK it is largely down to the size of the package for me, and we can only add one package type it seems... WHY?

Also - Say I am selling a £599.99 item, I would force the customer to pay for tracked shipping with enough insurance cover but on here, the customer has the option to simply pay for the cheapest shipping option which I certainly would not be happy posting with.

I sell hundreds of different items in singular quantities so the weights and sizes and shipping costs vary from item to item and Shopify's one price suits all method certainly is not good. Any help or advice please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi Robert,

You may want to use a third party shipping app that allows greater customization of customers' shipping options. Check out this post: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/flat-shipping-fees-per-item-537765

Michael

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yeah I am already paying Shopify $30 a month, I am not paying $15 for one single app to give me a feature that Shopify should already provide...

0 Likes