How to track customer store credit

GourdLord
1 0 0

Hello,

This is my first post, so please let me know if there is a better spot for this question.

I need to be able to do a few things:

1. Set the limit each customer can "over-spend" (buy without paying)
  2. Track the amount each customer has over spent
  3. Set a limit to the duration that they can go without paying up (eg. Net 30, etc)

From what I have been able to find, we could give customers a store credit, but I wouldn't want this to be confused with actual store credit that someone has purchased, and we don't want them to have to prepay for $5000-$10,000 worth of store credit.

The only other workaround that I have found is this: Accept a partial payment.

Accepting a partial payment as above seems to accomplish requirement (2), but I still need to be able to set the predefined limit the customer can overspend and the repayment period (1 & 3).

For Some Context:

Our customers are mainly businesses and their employees who stop by the shop throughout the month and pick up tools and equipment that they need. This gear is tracked and charged to a customers credit account with us (not their credit card, but the amount of money that they can pre-spend). Currently customers have the ability to apply for a credit account which is essentially money that they can use and must pay back within 30 days. This money that they can use has a limit which the store sets. It is for small businesses and is usually around $5000-$10,000.

Any workarounds or app suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes