How to unfulfill an order

Shopify Partner
14 0 4

Gotta fix this for 3rd party fulfillments.

5 years, and counting. Great work Shopify, yet another reason to migrate to other platform... :/

UPDATE:

3rd parties can actually cancel. The only thing that is not possible is for you to manually cancel a fulfillment that was made by a third party. If anyone needs to do this, below is some python code:

fulfillments = shopify.Fulfillment.find(order_id=orderID)
fulfillments[0].cancel()
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Ditto please add this feature. What happens when an order doesn't make it... Would be great to unfulfil so that you can resend and the customer can be notified with a link to the new tracking page to track the replacement order. Doesn't seem to be a way to do this atm.

1 Like

+1 to this feature request - it's a situation that has come up for us several times.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Where 

@Johan_Land wrote:

Gotta fix this for 3rd party fulfillments.

5 years, and counting. Great work Shopify, yet another reason to migrate to other platform... :/

UPDATE:

3rd parties can actually cancel. The only thing that is not possible is for you to manually cancel a fulfillment that was made by a third party. If anyone needs to do this, below is some python code:

fulfillments = shopify.Fulfillment.find(order_id=orderID)
fulfillments[0].cancel()

Where would you put that?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Please add this as a feature.  

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 2

Wow, I just went through 8 pages of begging and desperation... 

@Matthew_Buttler wrote:

Hey Dan!

I will launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that this feature will be added, we're more than happy to pass along suggestions some shop owners may have that would provide greater versatility to the platform.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

@Matthew_Buttler wrote:

Hey Dan!

I will launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that this feature will be added, we're more than happy to pass along suggestions some shop owners may have that would provide greater versatility to the platform.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Can't you just click cancel fulfillment under more? See attached

Screenshot UF.pdf.png

1 Like
Excursionist
21 0 2

Interesting, I never noticed that. Well I guess that could work. For me it was not such a big deal and I don't remember anymore what order it was I wanted to unfulfill. I'll give it a try when the opportunity offers itself - thanks for the find!

Tom

@nsochocky wrote:

Can't you just click cancel fulfillment under more? See attached

Screenshot UF.pdf.png

1 Like

I do not see the "Cancel Fulfillment" option in the More button. When I click the Edit button on top, I get a warning that fulfilled orders can't be edited. 

Shot from clipboard (2019-12-05, 8-18-29 PM).png

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes