How to unfulfill an order

Tourist
5 0 14

I accidentally fulfilled the wrong order and am not ready to ship that order yet.

How do you unfulfill an order?

it doesnt appear you can

8 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Justin!

You're correct. At this time there is no way to un-fulfil an order, as fulfilment is generally finalized. You'll need to keep track of the order offline to ensure that it can be fulfilled in a timely manner. It may be worth reaching out to your customer to clarify that the order has not yet been fulfilled.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 14

Please add the feature, it would be a big help, thanks

13 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Dan!

I will launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that this feature will be added, we're more than happy to pass along suggestions some shop owners may have that would provide greater versatility to the platform.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

2 Likes
1 0 10

This definitely needs to be an included feature. Mistakes happen and currently, there is no way to undo the mistake.

10 Likes
Excursionist
17 0 6

I Agree - please organise this ASAP Shopify! 

6 Likes
1 0 2

Another vote for adding this - would be really helpful!

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Give me few time to develope feature for here.

Orderhive : Inventory Management Software http://www.orderhive.com/inventory-management.html
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

+1

There's no reason not to let store owners change this status.

5 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1

Please update this ! And include the option to set orders at different status - For Example Pre order products 

1 Like