How to unfulfill an order

Shopify Expert
3950 17 331

Andrew @ Rehash, if you have an idea that is simple, why don't you share it here? Seeing as there is no API/technical solution to this at this time, you must be thinking of something beyond the usual suspects. Better to fail fast as they say? 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 6

Hey Dave. From initial tests, it seems to unfufill order and leave historical record.

I'd rather get a few interested parties to test before releasing something into the wild and everyone have expectation of it always working/being avialbale. Only cost we would charge (or offer donation option likely) would be to cover any costs we may incur. It will not be a traditional paid app if it works out.

Andrew @ Rehash
2 Likes
Shopify Expert
3950 17 331

Well that certainly is interesting. A manual fulfillment is ordinarily set in stone and not something you can cancel, but you managed to cancel it, so the big question now is, simply, how? I for one would like to know as my scripting attempts for just that have not been fruitful save for the external fulfillments that are easy to cancel when they are just pending.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

+1

0 Likes
2 0 0

I would be interested in this Andrew..

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Please fix this. I just accidentally fulfilled two orders. Here are the reasons why this happens on accident:

1. I gave partial refund to a customer because she forgot to use coupon code. So, I refunded her the money she would have saved if she had used the coupon. For some reason, doing the refund fulfilled the order. Now, I can't buy a shipping label. Now, I have to go to stamps.com to buy the label.

2.  I had two orders from one customer. I combined the customer's order into one shipping box. I fullfilled the second order without buying a second label. Now, that was the shipping default for the next order. Then, I marked fulfilled on the next order, which required shipping, and it fulfilled it without taking me to the next screen to buy a shipping label.

It is very frustrating that in these cases, and others, there is no way to buy a shipping label through Shopify. Now, I have to keep an alternative account active for these cases, like stamps.com or usps.com. Very frustrating!!! Please fix this.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

Woot! finally implemented! can now unulfil orders!

0 Likes
3 0 0

I'm not seeing where you can unfulfill an order in my admin page.  Can someone help me out?  I pressed fulfill by accident and didn't get a chance to purchase postage.  

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

How did you get that to show up in your order details Luke Boid?

0 Likes
1 0 0

This same problem was haunting me, but then I found the answer. Here is a picture of how I changed an order I accidentally "fullfilled" back to "unfulfilled." I hope this helps someone.

0 Likes