How to update multiple orders tracking numbers?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have been researching about this and it seems like shopify will only update the order tracking numbers 1 by 1. This is obviously not going to work for us as we ship hunderds packages daily. If you're telling me that we have to install new apps for our system, then that's not what we are looking for. 

Basically, our system will export a .CSV (text) file with the tracking numbers and order numbers. We expect that shopify can upload the file to update orders with tracking numbers in bulk. 

So, how can we solve this problem?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 25

Hey there Alex!

Genevieve from Shopify here :) 

I'm afraid it isn't possible to add tracking numbers to orders in bulk through the Shopify admin directly as it stands. I'll certainly launch a feature request with our developers for this, but you'll need another solution in the meantime. 

While there are a number of existing apps to achieve the same end, if you don't want to use one of those you can configure a solution yourself using our Order API:
http://docs.shopify.com/api/order

If you go this route, and need a developer, you could enlist the help of a  Shopify Expert. These are vetted professionals that have a relationship with Shopify, have worked with clients on Shopify many times and who can take on web development projects such as this one:
https://experts.shopify.com/requests

For any one else reading, these are some existing apps that help circumvent the necessity of manually entering order tracking numbers one-by-one:

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi - Same problem as the OP. We ship hundreds of packages a day via Canada Post XpressPost and export the file to print labels, but can't upload the file with the tracking numbers.

The post here says outdated - was there an update/solution provided that could be used with Canada Post as the shipping method?

DJ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey DJ, not sure if you're still needing a solution, but the Uptracker solution above looks like it might be a good one for you, if you have a .CSV file with your tracking #'s in it. https://apps.shopify.com/uptracker 

I stumbled across this thread looking for solutions as well, as I recently launched a lot of products on Amazon and am trying to mitigate how much time I spend copy/pasting in to Shopify. 

John | Owner and Founder | The Lug Nut Source | www.thelugnutsource.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify clearly has no financial incentive to provide core services such as this.  It is crazy to have to add an app for something so basic.  However, that is how it goes with Shopify.  Very annoying.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

You guys should check this app: 

Massfulfill should totally solve your problem.

https://apps.shopify.com/massfulfill

1 Like
Highlighted
Highlighted

Hey Everyone,

I know we are a little late to the party but we recently released a new app, called EZ Fulfill, that should solve this problem.  It allows you to update tracking numbers in bulk using CSV files, mark your orders fulfilled and send notifications to your customers with their tracking numbers.  We also have a scheduler that allows you to automate the process, pulling your CSV files from FTP/SFTP and Dropbox.  

Hope this helps!

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Instead of generating shipping label externally and importing the tracking numbers in bulk using CSV, I recommend you to check out the Shopify Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, which will help you to integrate directly with carrier account to generate the shipping label and send the live tracking to customers.

You can easily handle 100s of orders everyday using the app. With just a single click, you can generate shipping labels for all your orders and the tracking number for these orders will be sent to the Shopify order details, which is then sent to the customers via email.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes