How to use Shopify Shipping from an App?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to use Shopify Shipping service from an app and create shipping labels?  I'm trying to develop a more comprehansive order dashboard for our shop. We also use Shopify Shipping to ship our products. I would like to do the same as what we are doing in Shopify's own order dashboard.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Davut

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

Hi Davut,

Nick here from Shopify!

Great question. After doing some digging on this, being able to use an app to customize your shipping labels while using Shopify Shipping still is possible, but it would depend on the carriers you are using. You can see why this is from the screenshot here, and also the buy and print shipping labels guide could be worth studying in more detail. You can see some of the shipping label apps which might be able to accommodate to here.

Hope this helps and if it’s not quite what you meant, don’t hesitate to respond and let me know in more detail of exactly what you’re looking for.

All the best,

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thank you for responding.

I still can't figure out how to do this. What I'm trying to achieve is this:

1. All the shipping configurations are going to be made in Shopify admin Settings->Shipping. (Shipping Label, Shipping Carrier, etc.).

2. I will have a "Create Shipping Label" button in my embedded app just like the one in Shopify Admin->Orders. Make a call to Shopify Shipping  and return the shipping label from Shopify shipping and  print it.

To make this happen I wasn't able to find any api calls.

Regards,

Davut

0 Likes
Highlighted

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. The app helps you handle Shopify shipping for multiple carriers like USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. You will be able to generate shipping labels in bulk similar to how you do in Shopify.

0 Likes