How to use multiple fulfillment services?

Highlighted
7 0 0

How would I go about using multiple fulfillment services on my store? For example, would it be possible to set it so that orders to be delivered to addresses within a particular region are fulfilled using a different service than those to be delivered to a different region?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @joeyjoey,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm wondering if Locations is something which will work for you here. Locations essentially let you have multiple locations in your Shopify store so that you can track inventory and fulfill orders in different places should you wish. Not only does Locations give you a better idea and visibility of your inventory across your store per location, but it also enables you to sell products and ship or fulfill orders. To make sure your inventory quantities are always accurate, online orders and in-person sales are assigned to specific locations which you created in your store. 

More specifically to your question, Shopify created a YouTube tutorial going through the steps for how to change fulfillment priorities and process orders while using Locations. which you can see below: 

You can also see the helpful guide Shopify made for fulfilling orders to multiple locations here

Should you be using any third party fulfillment services for any of your orders or even if you want to organize it to suit your needs, you can add multiple fulfillment services to your store also. You can find out more about adding fulfillment services to your store from the guide Shopify has about this here

Hopefully, this helps and can do what you're looking to do. Should it not, don't hesitate to reply here and elaborate with more details and we can take a closer look at everything. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thank you so much, Nick! This is very helpful.

To be more precise with my question, I'm working on developing an app right now for a fulfillment service which is looking to only serve orders that come in for certain ZIP codes. Would it be possible to have it so that the app's fulfillment service only appears for users when they are delivering to certain ZIP codes? 

Also, a more basic question but how do I even go about setting up an app as a fulfillment service? As an amateur Shopify dev, I've completed the tutorial https://developers.shopify.com/tutorials/build-a-shopify-app-with-node-and-react but have no idea where to go from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @joeyjoey, glad to hear that was helpful. 

App building is something which I wouldn't be entirely sure about personally, so with regards of your question about having the app so that the fulfillment service only appears for users for certain ZIP codes, I don't know, but I will look into it further for you to see if that's possible. 

In terms of setting up an app to use on Shopify, there are a couple of other guides which you might find useful in terms of taking things to the next stage of your app development. You can find one about how to Build a Shopify app with Node and Express here and another more general help guide here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi There, you can use the best multichannel fulfillment services software for multiple fulfillment services

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks for this, Nick! I've already taken a look at the guides you listed, and none of them seem to explicitly outline how to set up an app as a fulfillment service, nor does any documentation that I've found. If you wouldn't mind looking into this as well, that would be wonderful. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

No worries at all. 

In terms of actually how to set up a fulfillment service app, that would be out of my expertise. I was about to suggest to post in the Shopify App API & SDK board for this but saw you already made a post there. This would definitely be the best place and your best bet to get a more in-depth and technical answer for building the actual app. 

If you mean where to go exactly to submit your app for review by the team to have it published on the app store, you can see the Submitting your app guide here

0 Likes