How to view status of all shipments at one time?

Bisontes
Visitor
1 0 2

I know we can view each shipment's status one at a time, but is there a way to see an overview of how many shipments have/have not been delivered? Or do I need to do an app ad-on? If so, do you have one to recommend as I'm finding most are from the consumer perspective, not a business that's interested in seeing the entire view. Thanks!

Replies 70 (70)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Bisontes!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

You can track the delivery status of each order individually, as well as view the fulfillment status for all orders from your Orders page in the Shopify Admin. When it comes to viewing the actual delivery status for every order, however, this would be something that requires the use of a third-party app.

I took a look at a few apps in our App Store and managed to find one called Shipping Tracker. Within the app page, you'll notice a Media Gallery section as you scroll down. Here, you can view screenshots for the app. Based on what I can see, it looks like this app will give you access to an overview of your shipments and their delivery status, all within one page.

I also managed to find another app called Report Pundit, which is an app that allows you to create custom reports. After getting in touch with the app developers via live chat, they have confirmed that it is possible to see an overview of the delivery status for all of your orders. If you'd like to reach out to the developers directly to learn more, you can access their live chat in the bottom righthand corner of their FAQ here

I recommend installing both of these apps to see which one suits your needs the best. If you ever require any assistance with them, you can get help with third-party apps via the Support section on their respective app pages. 

I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KristenDScott
Excursionist
33 1 47

Hey Julie, this is still a problem. If you want Shopify businesses to be able to act like the other grown up shopping carts in the global marketplace, then this tracking functionality should be a no-brainer. I refuse to buy a 3rd party app for this function, especially after reading the post where the person is dealing with a nightmare after having to disable the 3rd party app he chose, that Shopify vetted and allowed in their store. I already buy $45/month worth of apps, on top of all the costs to run my Shopify store, so no, I won't be adding an app when it should have been built in from the start.

salsapirate
Tourist
4 0 1

Help us by providing in our paid subscription at least options USPS does for free. For me important is a separate "ship from" field for a zip that is NOT your shown return address. Do you want USPS returning a lost or delayed package to your fulfillment center? Or do you want to know about it? Which follows: Track all shipments on a single page (also provided free on USPS). Then you would already know about the above ahead of time and be on top of damage control. Pay $9 a month for tracking (still no ship from zip)? 

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Within your Shopify "Orders" page, you can track the status of each order individually, and also view the fulfillment status for all orders. To know the tracking status of all your orders, you can use the Shipment tracking & notify app

The app automates the tracking process by sending email notifications to your customers regarding their order and also provides you with a tracking dashboard from where you can see the status of all your orders, ie. whether it is in transit, out for delivery, delivered, etc. The app also provides you with a "Track your order" page within your store for your customers, from where they can track their order as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

LisaMasq
Tourist
4 0 19

I personally feel it is ridiculous that I need to pay for a monthly additional app in order to have a view that shows tracking. With the amount of money that we pay Shopify on a monthly basis, this should be something that should be included.

Why can't Shopify allow me to alter my reports of you on the order screen to see that everything has shipped and where it is in the shipping process. Or even just have a view that shows that there is a tracking number on each order. It doesn't have to show where it is in the tracking procedss, I get that may be additional. But I need to know that tracking was placed on every order without having to go one-by-one.

Shopify please help your customers. I've seen a lot of threads where people are frustrated with how many little add-ons we have to pay for each month to utilize the shopify framework

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for your feedback, @LisaMasq.

I completely understand that this would be a great feature to have and I've gone ahead and shared your suggestion with our developers. Whether this is something that can be integrated into a report or as a column on the Orders page in your admin, I can definitely see how this would be useful. 

Hopefully this is something that can be implemented in a future platform update. We do regularly announce new features in our changelog, so feel free to keep an eye out there for announcements. 

Thanks again!

WorkingOne
Tourist
3 0 20

Hi Julie, 
I agree, this should be a feature included with Shopify out of the box. Having to add an extension for this is unreasonable.  Please add an additional request for this feature.  
As a minimum request, just add an overall status to the Orders View Page.  Just so we know if it's been delivered, In transit or Confirmed.  

WorkingOne_0-1608401418848.png

George_C
Trailblazer
155 1 145

Yeah the main orders page needs to show delivery/tracking status as one of the columns. We also need to be able to filter by delivery status. 

Since the info is on the order details page, it's obviously accessible by the Shopify admin, and especially for those of us using Shopify Shipping, we should be able to track delivery status for the postage we paid for through Shopify. 

Etsy does this, it's a main sorting feature in their orders admin. 

With the nightmare of USPS being completely unprepared for the 2020 holiday shipping season, I am forced to find workarounds just to be able to filter out the orders that need to be contacted, let alone all the customer support work needed to deal with the USPS fiasco. The last thing I need right now is to find workarounds to the Shopify store admin to just do basic fucntions. 

Paid apps are (or should be) for niche/specialty needs. This is not one of those. This is core functionality for running an online shop. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @George_C and @WorkingOne

I've noted both of your comments and have passed them along to our developers for review. I definitely see the value in being able to filter your orders by delivery status, especially during the holiday season. With many carriers facing shipping delays at this time, this would be an excellent way to keep track of your orders.

As mentioned above, we frequently announce platform updates over in our changelog, so feel free to keep an eye out there for updates.

Thanks again!

ErikaFM
Visitor
1 0 9

Please add me to the list requesting this feature. With what we pay and seeing how essential it is for business that ships products, I agree that it is a feature that should already be available inside of Shopify.

With the postal service's inability to keep up this holiday season, I have already spent HOURS individually looking up orders just to check their shipping status (in transit, delivered, etc). It is a logistical nightmare to have to INDIVIDUALLY click through 1400+ orders just to be able to check their status. Please, please, please speed up the development of this feature within Shopify!

thinkairpure
Visitor
1 0 7

Please add my resounding agreement. Having to choose each individual order to track whether or not the product has been delivered is like a 1990's user interface. It's obviously easy to add they just want you to pay for an app when this should be a standard feature.

WalleyeNation
Visitor
2 0 8

Add us to the list of businesses that would really like to see this. Especially with the current state of USPS, we really need the ability to see in a list form whether the deliveries are completed or not. (like many apps offer so I'm not sure why shopify can't?) We end up getting an email from a customer 3-4 weeks later asking for updates rather than being proactive and keeping in touch with them. To many orders to go through 1 at a time for the last month.

cmart720
Tourist
6 0 28

Seeing order status for all at orders at once is the main goal!

For some of us, as Walleye points out, especially in the case of this year's USPS meltdown, the next step is to proactively reach out to customers who haven't received an order for an extended period and give them an update. If there's anyway the delivery status can also be included in the Orders export function, that would be really helpful. That is, so we can export a spreadsheet that shows order, delivery status, and the email addresses of the customers so we can directly email them or load those addresses into a bulk email.

tnd
Visitor
1 0 4

camdotest.myshopify.com 

We have heaps of issues where a package has shipped but then gets delayed in transit for some reason (or lost) and no easy way to see that. Please add status to a report rather than having to pay for yet another app.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, everyone.

I just want to circle back and let you all know that your feedback is not going unnoticed and I will be submitting feature requests for each merchant who expresses interest within this thread. 

Moving forward, if there are more merchants who'd like this feature to be updated, kindly leave your .myshopify.com URL and a quick message indicating that you'd like to upvote this feature. The more votes we get, the better. To reduce the thread's length and avoid repetitive responses, I may not reply to every single request post. Instead, I will mark "Like" on the post, so you know your request has been submitted already.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on our changelog for future updates. Thanks again!

MrMushroom
Tourist
4 0 11

We would absolutely love the ability to see this on the Orders page!

midnight-mushroom-co.myshopify.com

curated_au
Visitor
1 0 4

Hi @Julie,

This is a basic, but important, feature that we all need.

curated_au.myshopify.com

Thanks
Matt

Comay
Visitor
1 0 2

comaycreates.myshopify.com

I would also like to vote for the feature to view all the delivery status of my orders. 

TwentyDegrees
Tourist
4 0 3

Count my company in support of getting this feature developed ASAP.

https://twenty-degrees.myshopify.com/

Think_Ergon
Visitor
1 0 2

This feature is a must, https://thinkergon.myshopify.com/

Thanks Julie

GraceC
Visitor
2 0 7

https://analuisaparis.myshopify.com/

Upvoting this feature request

I-Got-Vaxxed
Visitor
1 0 0

Please add i-got-vaxxed.myshopify.com to the list.  We need this data exposed.

MrMushroom
Tourist
4 0 11

I’m kind of losing faith that they’ll do this. Seems like such a basic feature but I guess it’s not that important. 

WorkingOne
Tourist
3 0 20

I'm honestly concerned that this hasn't been implemented yet. It's such a crucial and important feature that it should be standard for a paid application such as Shopify. Yes, there's a market for developers to have such added functionality but this should be inclusive out of the box. If additional attention is needed to have this implemented, we can work on bringing attention to the lack of this feature.  However that would bring a negative amount of attention to the Shopify platform, which is not my intent.  Please, just add the feature to the platform.

IamAdesigner
Excursionist
16 0 5

Please add me to that list as well. It's a vital feature that would give us back 2-4 hours a week.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @IamAdesigner

I appreciate your interest in being able to view the delivery status of your orders within a single page. While I don't have an update to share, I can assure you that your feedback isn't going unnoticed and I am continuing to share it with our developers. As mentioned above, we regularly announce new features on our changelog, so please keep an eye out there for future updates. 

Thanks again!

KristenDScott
Excursionist
33 1 47

@IamAdesigner, this request has been asked for YEARS. YEARS. You've made all sorts of other updates, but not this one. It's crucial, and if you really want us small businesses to grow, you'll seriously consider adding this function to the standard Shopify store. It's chumpy that this is not, and it reflects an attitude by the developers of Shopify that for some reason we don't need it as much as some other small thing that doesn't help us nearly as much. It costs us time, and customers who get mad when we can't give them an answer in a timely manner because we've had to comb through shipments one by one. This feature needs to happen.

JennyLynn
Tourist
4 0 5

I know many of you are anti-app (I understand, as a small business owner) but you should check out wonderment: https://apps.shopify.com/wheres-my-order

They have a generous free plan and it's saved me HOURS.  Customer service is also great and the shipping details are way more accurate than Shopify's. Definitely recommend it.

MrMushroom
Tourist
4 0 11

Looks like that Where's My Order is exactly what Shopify should already have. Thanks Jenny for recommending! I already caught one issue with a package. 

MustafaD
Visitor
2 0 0

nvmarine.myshopify.com

McKelvy
Visitor
2 0 2

Upvote this. Please add it as it would be the most useful feature you have. So bad for my business having customers be the one to tell me there was an issue with their shipment. 

kyoto-botanicals.myshopify.com

mark

MarcusK
Excursionist
21 1 28

I was forced to install a similar shipping tracking app so I could have this one simple function, but all of the other baggage that came with the app ended up causing me problems, blocking some of Shopify's native notifications.  After uninstalling the app, that caused even more problems because the tentacles of the app were still affecting aspects of my store and the tracking links.  Was a nightmare to undo that mess, and in the process, the app developer spammed a bunch of my customers by re-notifying them of shipments that already arrived months ago, causing upset customers.

Simply no excuse for Shopify not to show Delivery Status column in the orders page with no app needed.  

pascoop
Visitor
1 0 2

Agreed. It is suicidal for Shopify to get its revenues from apps. It might make sense in the short term for Wall St., but it generates legitimate resentment in the long run, with shop owners having in the back of their minds the desire to hop to a different platform asap. The self-hobbling Shopify paradigm is out of control and a form of customer abuse. 

markt87
Visitor
1 0 3

Shopify, hear our cry! Us large shop owners are finding this an issue. I need to view tracking status of all orders at the same time please.

SRM95
Visitor
2 0 0

Count us in to view the order status on our orders dashboard! 

stateofescape.myshopify.com

onepillarau.myshopify.com

Sucreabeille
Visitor
1 0 0

Sucreabeille.myshopify.com

AJ09
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm also adding my shop and upvoting this feature. www.the-rooted-baby-co.myshopify.com

iGoNatural
Tourist
4 0 1

add us to the list - should be a COLUMN in Shopify Dashboard - SHIPPING STATUS - OR TRACKING STATUS 

We agree with others - this is a BASIC necessity - was pretty shocked to learn it was not there. 

We learned the hard way - 7 MISSING USPS orders since Mother's Day - had NO IDEA until a customer reached out almost a month later - really is UNACCEPTABLE !  THIS will damage small businesses - and there is a solution - the details are within the individual orders - so YES - CAN be DONE - a MUCH NEEDED COLUMN.  

We have LOST these 7 customers - because of this - makes us merchants look incompetent - when that's not the case. 

Trying to compete with Amazon - SHOPIFY MERCHANTS need a fighting chance with a simple fix - a column for SHIPPING/TRACKING STATUS 

- we considered moving fulfillment to Amazon over this.

The closest workaround we have discovered is the do a SEARCH in ORDERS: " in transit "

... this at least shows orders that may need attention. 

BUT is lame compared to simply having a SHIPPING/TRACKING COLUMN 

NOT SURE WHY THIS IS NOT THERE - BUT SERIOUSLY IS A MUST !

https://igonatural.myshopify.com

Paralian_Wines
Visitor
1 0 0

upvote please paralian-wines.myshopify.com

cmart720
Tourist
6 0 28

Completely agree with George and others. This is such a no-brain basic feature for an e-commerce platform. Sharing shop data with 3rd party developers is squeamish enough, let alone for something basic like this.

KristenDScott
Excursionist
33 1 47

Chiming in with the others here. It seems like Shopify built the e-commerce sites thinking that we would have a few orders here and there, and would have oodles of time to sort through them one by one to make sure they have shipped. And yet, you expect us to grow and become these great big businesses that get hundreds of orders to handle. If you, Shopify, are really wanting to support us and help us grow, this feature should have been integrated a long time ago. We all pay that extra 1% for something, on top of the yearly fees, extra apps, and surcharges per transaction.

Please stop nickel and diming us on shipping features. That's where we have no control, and the customer then blames us for issues we can't fix. At least give us the ability to sort through all the orders in an easy way, to identify those that have shipped, or are still in transit, are delivered, etc. This way it allows us to look more professional in the eyes of our customers.

cmart720
Tourist
6 0 28

Yes, agreed, this feature is vital for scaling shops up to more orders. Manually checking one by one is just not logical, especially this year with so many delivery issues.

Anyhow, this is the current reality of the Shopify platform.

IF you are interested in a 3rd party app, I tried out ReportPundit this week and it worked decently. Support (via chat) actually offered to create the report for me, and did so in just a few minutes. I requested the following info in the report:

Order number
Date ordered
Delivery Status
Tracking URL
Item(s) ordered
Customer Name
Customer Email (I forgot to request this, but will add it)

It's not free, but there's a 14 day trial. I'm going to see if there are other reports I could use to justify the cost. Not a big fan of giving a random 3rd app all my Shopify data ever, but this did save me countless hours of time.

IamAdesigner
Excursionist
16 0 5

has there been any update on this feature

srwatkin
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello Julie,

You can add myself to the list of clients who find it ridiculous that the post-shipment/fulfillment status of orders is not available online. It seems like an easy click solution. Our small business also pays a premium price for your POS. This should be a given. 

BamBeds
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Julie, add me to the list
https://bambeds.myshopify.com/

Could you please give us status update? Why has this taken so long to implement?

Thank you,

dmhharris
Tourist
8 0 3
  • Go to the orders page
  • Filter by Date (selections available or custom)
  • Export the list
  • Sort Excel sheet by "Fullfilled at" newest to oldest (A-Z)

You can see the orders that were sent out by date

roegnerfreedman
Visitor
1 0 0

Sorry. This doesn't work. The fulfilled at date is when it was shipped, not when it arrived.

MrMushroom
Tourist
4 0 11

This should have been included a long time ago. Your API literally exposes the Shipping Courier (tracking_company) and the Tracking Numbers (tracking_numbers) for orders. You could at least give us that information in the Orders screen. I get that checking the status is a bit more involved since you need to query the shipping company URLs. However, you also maintain that information as well under "tracking_urls". 

https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/fulfillment

Please, I would greatly appreciate the ability to just see if something actually shipped and has a tracking number. There's a BIG difference between Fulfilled (No tracking number) and Shipped (Tracking number).