How will purchases from my store appear on a customer’s credit card statement?

Highlighted
1 0 0
When someone buys from my store, how will the charge appear on their card? Why I’m asking: setting up an LLC to capture multiple businesses, and unsure if my LLC should match my brand name. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 57 90

Hi @Greggo,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

This is a great question! So you can change your customer's statement descriptor within your payment gateway settings. For example, if you are using Shopify Payments, you can edit it by selecting Settings > Payment Providers > Shopify Payments > Manage > Customer Billing Statement > Customer Statement Descriptor as shown in this screenshot. Other than this, if you are still setting up your Shopify Payments account, you will be asked to enter your customer billing statement preference when setting up the account, as shown here for example. 

If you are using a third-party payment gateway, you would need to log into your gateways account and change the customer billing statement information within that account. Your chosen gateways customer service should be able to help locate this with you if needed! 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes