I am a drop shipper. Should I inform my clients?

Tourist
8 0 1
Does it hurt or help your business to inform people of where the product is coming from even if it's the same state or country you are doing business in?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 0 7
I drop ship some of my products. I don't advertise the fact that I do, but when I send a shipping notice I add a note saying the product will be shipped directly from the manufacturer.
1 Like
Tourist
8 0 1
Thanks for your response Sarah! And cute website ;)
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2
I totally agree with Sarah! Drop shipping has yet to become incredibly mainstream, and people doubt what they don't understand. I would recommend saying that your products are being shipped directly from your warehouse, which helps you cut costs so you can keep your prices low. All totally true, just a more "legit" way of looking at it :)
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
50 0 0

What the customers really care about is the quality of your service - whether the product was delivered on time, in good packaging, with your branded invoice/packslip etc. If your dropshipper (or outsourced warehouse) can meet your quality bar, then I don't think you need to feel guilty about the fact that you are dropshipping :) I agree with @Kristen fully on that regard.

http://apps.shopify.com/ordoro- Automated Dropshipping, Easy Shipping Labels (USPS, Fedex, UPS) and Powerful Inventory Management for Shopify stores
0 Likes