I am curious about the fees on Cash payments.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello. I haven't set up yet as debating on using Shopify or other service as I am redesigning our online store. We have had it for 10 years. But I am wondering about the fees. It is 2.9% plus .30 for each but I am wondering on those that want to pay Cash for items. I haven't seen if there is that additional 2% fee we would have to pay for as it is an alternative payment option. 

Please advise.

Thank you kindly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
670 71 101

Hello, @solwynmarket

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question! 

The fees you are referring to (2.9% + $0.30) are credit card rates on the Basic Plan, and they are applied per transaction when using the Shopify Payments gateway. Therefore, as long Shopify Payments is activated on your store, you will not pay any transaction fees when using alternative payment methods, or Paypal; just the credit card rates if applicable. 

If Shopify Payments is deactivated on your account, then the 2% transaction fee will be applied in addition to the credit card rates.

The exception to this is using manual payment methods, like cash. When using a manual payment method there are no transaction fees applied whether Shopify Payments is activated or not.

You can find additional information regarding transaction fees in this Help Doc.

Where is your business based? What types of products are you currently selling? Please keep in mind, there are some eligibility requirements when it comes to being able to use Shopify Payments, so I recommend having a read through the Shopify Payments Requirements Help Doc as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’m here to help!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes