I am from Palestine and I have a Spanish bank account, what should I do?

ToProtest377
10 0 0

So my IP address is going to be from Palestine but I will choose Spain as my country so I can enable Shopify Payments, would that be a problem? 

Also, should PayPal be the same country as my Shopify, because PayPal doesn’t support Palestine, so we am going to use Moroccon PayPal (my partner is from Morocco)

Replies 2 (2)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @ToProtest377!

This is Lana from Shopify Support. I see you are asking about the Shopify Payments Gateway so I wanted to help you out here.

Selecting Spain as your country for Shopify Payments would only be an issue if you are not able to produce proof of a physical/business presence there. If you are unable to provide the proof, it could result in you not being able to use the gateway anymore, which may disrupt sales. In that case the alternative for you would be to use a gateway that is supported in the Palestinian Territories, and I have a link to the available ones for you here.

As for PayPal, if you are able to prove the physical or business presence in Spain, you may need to contact their support here to see if Moroccan PayPal is supported there.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Aname
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, I'm from Palestine and I'm planning to start selling on shopify, but i don’t know what are the payment gateway options that are supported in palestine ( if there’s any), so what should I do??