I am from india , debit card rejection

Arjun11
1 0 0

I am from india and I want to pay for the store through PayPal setting up my visa card but it keeps of declining everytime I use to setup the debit card to pay for the basic plan of shopify and I am not able to publish my store it's been 2 days since its declining

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 267

Hi, @Arjun11

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. I appreciate you posting this question about the issues you're having with making payment for your store, and I'm happy to help out. 

Before we get started with investigating this situation, I wanted to mention that I moved your post into the Payments, Shipping & Fulfilment section of our forums. Your question is mostly related to this topic, so this will help other users find your post more efficiently if they're running into the same troubles that you're experiencing. 

Looking into your question further though, are you trying to pay for the Basic plan using PayPal? If so, check out this help document for more details. However, you also mentioned using a Visa card, and a debit card. Are these tied to your PayPal account? 

In addition to this, if you can reply back to me here with a screenshot showing the error you're receiving when you try to make payment, then I can take a closer look into this. I do recommend ensuring all your sensitive, store-specific details are removed from any images before posting them here though, as this will help protect your own privacy. 

I hope to hear back from you with these details soon so I can continue lending a hand with this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes