I cannot add my pre existing Stripe account to my store

1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm new creating my Shopify Store and in this moment I cannot find a way of adding my already working Stripe account to my Store. I found out that by Deactivating the Shopify Payments and activating it again, Stripe option is no longer available. (I saw this option was working in some tutorial videos)

In this moment by following the steps of "Complete Account Setup" I'm getting "Routing Number Invalid" after submitting the form. 

I'd like to know how can I Log In to my Stripe account from the Store? 

Please, this is preventing me for finishing my Account Setup.

Thanks in advance,

Cristian,-

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hey Cristian!

Peter here from Shopify Support!

If you're in a country that offers Shopify Payments then using Stripe wouldn't be an option. While some merchants might have a preference for using a certain gateway (like Stripe), there are a host of benefits you would get for using Shopify Payments. These include:

1. No transaction fees
  2. Competitive processing rates
  3. In-house support, with our AMAZING support team
  4. Financial reports, and detailed payout information
  5. Automated order reconciliation
  6. Automated chargeback handling
  7. High transaction approval rates

If you wanted to follow up and outline why you're hoping to use Stripe over Shopify Payments, I'd be happy to reach out to our Shopify Payments team to discuss how Shopify Payments can provide similar features. :)

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there, 

This is something I'm not quite clear on also. 

I'm doing some investigation into suitable e-commerce platforms for a particular solution for a client and the client already has a number of Stripe accounts set up for different countries, they keen to maintain these existing accounts.

From my understanding Shopify payments uses the Stripe platform to process their payments, therefore would the client in question be able to integrate their existing Stripe accounts into Shopify or would they need to use the Shopify Payments to avoid the additional 3rd party transaction fee, despite the fact that it's the same payment platform as Shopify uses for their payments?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

Hey, @EdRichardson!

In short, your client wouldn't be able to use their accounts unless they were based in a country where Stripe is an available payment processor. Shopify Payments is backboned by Stripe, which means any country that has access to our in-house payment processor won't have access to using Stripe. Stripes' standalone payment processor where you can use your own Stripe account is only available to a handful of countries. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

So from that, does that mean the client will need to set up new Shopify Payment Accounts in all countries that have this service available and using their existing Stripe account is not an option?

Thanks,

Ed
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@EdRichardson 

That would be correct. If Shopify Payments is available within the country they are operating out of, then they wouldn't be able to use their Stripe account, and would need to utilize Shopify Payments to process credit card transactions. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi @Peter  Im located in Vancouver BC 

I have my Stripe account, and i want to use it with my shopify account...can i do this or my actual stripe account is not going to work? Can you help me please?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@intmotorsports 

Since you're based in Canada, you would have access to using Shopify Payments, which is powered by Stripe. Given that Shopify Payments is available, Stripe would not be available as a standalone option. May I ask why you're hoping to use Stripe over Shopify Payments?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

@Peter  Hi!

Thank you for the reply. Ok, so the other stripe account that i have can i still use it or how can i "combine" accounts?? 

I want to use stripe, and if shopify payments is powered by stripe, is the same, right? Only want to know that im going to have 2 stripe accounts....the one that i have now im not gonna use it for this, right?

And, if i decide to use Stripe over Shopify Payments, is there any way to do that? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@intmotorsports 

Ah! I see where the confusion is. To provide some context, Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe; however, if you use Shopify Payments, it does not utilize your existing Stripe account, nor does it create you a new Stripe account. You would provide Shopify with your business information (i.e. EIN, SSN, etc.), as well as your banking information. From there, we would ensure your funds are paid out accordingly. No additional accounts required.  

Shopify Payments is enabled in your region. Therefore, Stripe is not available as a standalone option. This means that if you choose not to use Shopify Payments, you will not have access to using Stripe and would require that you use a different third-party payment provider to accept credit card payments. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

1 Like