Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble making a payment with your store. When your credit card is not accepted, you will need to reach out to your bank and ask why. There are a few requirements that you need to be sure about regarding the card that you are using:
- Must be a postpaid credit card (pre-paid cards are not supported)
- Must be a full credit card (debit/credit hybrid cards are not supported)
- Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
- Must be capable of accepting charges in USD
- Must be capable of making online purchases
- Must be capable of accepting recurring billing
- Must have appropriate funds available
- Must enter the billing address and details the same as what their bank has on file
It is totally up to a Credit Card provider to ensure that a credit card is working and we have very little insight into any issues like this. Unfortunately, most declines are generic, so we don’t have much information as to why a charge was specifically declined so in all your bank will have a lot more insight than us. Don't forget you can also link Paypal to your store in order to pay your invoice, you can do that by clicking 'settings' in your Shopify admin and clicking 'billing'. You will then see the option to connect a Paypal account there.
I hope this helps but if there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. -Lulu
Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution