I don't see why shopify would classify this as a high risk order

Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 5

Hi Guys i have received a fraud order that was classified as HIGH RISK. But after looking at the fraud analysis report, the biggest issue is either that there us no cvv or that the shipping address is 4km away from the ip address. It says that there is no billing address provided but in shopufy it states he selected the billing address to be the same as his shipping address. I sent him an email 12 hours ago and he has yet to reply. Should i fulfill his order if he doesnt not reply? 

Screenshot_20201029-153447_Shopify.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 5 19

Hi @Jack134 

It's safe to say that you should cancel the order if you received no response from the customer. If you received a response, you can ask for ID verification to verify his identity of where you will be shipping the item to. Chances are, you should still be very careful of a possible chargeback between 1 and 6 months. Keep in mind that nothing is guaranteed and the best way to protect yourself is to be vigilant of bad-actors.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 5

Thank you @Jason_Beacon, i guess i'll just cancel the order if he does not reply within 24 hours. 

0 Likes