I got a payment but I never got any order

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just started with my Shopify store, and I only had one order paid with Paypal. I have my store set up with 2checkout as a payment with a credit card. Recently I got an email from 2checkout of a chargeback and they sent me the customer information, I never got any order from that customer. I found out that the customer was in abandoned checkout but somehow the payment went through, that's why I never got any order. How is that possible? Now the customer is charging back. How can I avoid this will happen again?   

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 20

Hey there, @Diegosch90!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like your 2Checkout account might've not been configured to redirect back to Shopify after a successful payment capture. I'd be happy to see if I can provide some guidance here to resolve this issue.

To fix this, this you'll need to do the following:

• Sign in to your 2Checkout account.

• Click the Account tab and Site Management subcategory.

• Set Demo mode to Off for live sales (or Parameter if you'll be testing with demo sales).

• Under Direct Return select Header Redirect.

• Enter your Secret Word (Must be the same value entered in your Shopify admin).

• Click Save Changes

A specific return URL does not have to be specified, as there is never a single static URL your customers will be returned to. The field itself on 2Checkout is not mandatory. You can also find these instructions in 2Checkout's guide here. If you have any questions regarding the transaction or the payment gateway itself, you'll want to contact 2Checkout directly.

After having made these changes to have the redirect working properly, your 2Checkout orders should display appropriately in your Shopify Admin. I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes