I keep getting "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or destination" message

2 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my store and while doing some tests I keep getting "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or destination" message and the check out won't pick up the shipping rate I'm trying to allocate to that region.

I get the feeling this is probably me being dense but any help would be appreciated :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 70

Hey, Richard!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Ah, I see - sorry to hear you're seeing this problem!  If you're seeing this message, it probably means that either you don't have a shipping zone set up for your destination address, or the contents of the cart don't meet the parameters for the shipping rates that you've set.  

To make sure that you've got a shipping zone for your destination, head in your admin to settings > shipping; if you need to add a new shipping zone, there's instructions in our guide right over here!

If you've got zones set up, then you can click on 'edit' on any one of those zones to have a look at your shipping rates.  You'll want to make sure that you have shipping rates created for every possible cart that you'll be able to ship - for example, if you're using weight-based rates:

• 0-5 lbs - $5.00
  • 5.1-10 lbs - $7.00
  • 10.1-15 lbs - $10.00

And so on!  For this example, if you have an item - or a combination of items - in the cart that has a weight that isn't captured by any of these options, it'll result in that message (it's also worth noting that the weight of the default package you've set will be added on to to the total weight in the cart - keep this in mind when you're setting rates).  The same applies if you've got your rates set by price - there's more info on setting up your shipping rates right over here!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Alex,

Thanks for that. Your colleage Mike V told me the same on a live chat so thanks to you both. It all seems to work now :)

Cheers,

Richard

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

-Please I have a problem same. For now that a new version. I am very confuse. Please help me .Thank you .  parinha@gmail.com <There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address>

0 Likes
2 0 0

I mean. I want to set up all product to free shipping. Please hep me thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 0 0

How to change this message text

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi! I just had the same frustrating problem - customers want to order but for some reason the error comes up.

Other than setting up shipping rates etc. one thing that often gets overlooked is your product. If you have a physical product, make sure THAT EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT IS ASSIGNED A SHIPPING WEIGHT. If not, that error will come up. Just my input, I was so frustrated at first because I've set everything related to shipping up.

So if all else fails, try checking on this :)

0 Likes