I'm having problems integrating the 'PayPal Payments Pro (UK)' gateway.

StuartLove
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Guys,

Is anyone experienced with switching their Payment Gateway from Shopify Payment gateway, to 'PayPal Payments Pro (UK)'?

We've been approved by PayPal for this product and tried every way we can to get this set up correctly, but it just doesn't seem to work.

I've contacted Shopify support about it, who advise everything looks fine on Shopify's end and that I should contact PayPal. PayPal say the same thing, and tell me to speak to Shopify. Everyone at PayPal and Shopify have been very friendly and nice about it, but it seems like no one really knows how to get the gateway set up properly.  

The instructions on Shoipify are not up to date with the menu options in PayPal, and the instructions on PayPal don't relate to the options on Shopify, so it seems clear instructions don't really exist.

The error message I get when trying to complete a transaction through the checkout is "Invalid Merchant Account".

In the Shopify Payment gateway menu, under 'PayPal Payments Pro (UK)', the only fields required are: 

1. Merchant/ Vendor Login

2. Password

It doesn't specify if these credentials come from Shopify or PayPal. It also doesn't ask for any API credentials, which seems very strange. 

If anyone has successfully managed to get 'PayPal Website Payments Pro' set up as their payment gateway on Shopify, I would LOVE to have a quick chat! 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stu 

0 Likes
StuartLove
Tourist
6 0 1

Edit: The message that appears says "Invalid vendor account".

0 Likes
JonCarey
4 0 0

Hi @StuartLove 

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  I'm having exactly the same problem.

Any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

0 Likes
StuartLove
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @JonCarey 

Yes! I did finally get it to work.

Essentially, the credentials PayPal merchant support provided were the WRONG credentials. 

The problem is, many of the support staff at PayPal are not aware of this.

I contacted merchant support daily for about a month straight until I was finally connected with an account manager. (If you have been approved for PayPal Pro, you should be able to speak with an account manager)

In the end, an account manager confirmed the credentials I need are actually 'PAYFLOW Pro' credentials that can only be accessed via a link provided by PayPal account management. 

The account manager completely understood the dilemma and we fixed it over a screen sharing call in about 2 mins. It was insanely easy (in the end), you just need to get PAYFLOW  credentials, from the right person. 

My recommendation would be to email merchant support and ask to be connected with an account manager. If you get stuck, I could PM you the contact details of the manager I spoke to at PayPal, although I would rather not post them on a public forum.

I hope that helps. 

Stu

0 Likes
JonCarey
4 0 0

Hi @StuartLove 

This is exciting news!  I feel like I've been going round in circles.

Now I know what to ask for, that's a huge help.  It doesn't appear to be documented anywhere.

I'll let you know how I get on, thank you for your support!

Thanks,
Jon

0 Likes
JonCarey
4 0 0

Hi @StuartLove 

Unfortunately, I'm getting no further with this.

I haven't managed to speak directly to a person, only automated systems.  I expect it's due to Covid, so it's understandable.

I appreciate I've already taken up your time, but would you be kind enough to supply the details for your contact?

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Jon

0 Likes
Vapeorist
3 0 0

Hi did you get this sorted?

i am having the same problem....

3 weeks the site has been down. I am tearing my hair out.

any luck?

thanks

richard

0 Likes
TheNorthCurve
Tourist
13 0 1

Hey Stu,

I'm in exactly the same position as you were, I think. 

Would you mind giving me the account manager's details, please?

I'm at the stage where both Shopify and 'merchant support' at Paypal are pointing at each other.

Thanks, Graham.

0 Likes