I'm unable to integrate PayPal express checkout with Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm unable to integrate PayPal express checkout with Shopify. I've been using PayPal express checkout on my Shopify store for quite some time now.

But on 14th April, I decided to try another payment gateway (Shopify payments). And for that, I temporarily deactivated PayPal express checkout.

After I was done trying the new payment provider, I decided to reactivate PayPal express checkout again. But since then, I'm unable to reactivate it. Whenever I try to activate it, I'm taken to PayPal page where I'm supposed to enter my credentials.

After logging in, it shows the 'success' message and a link to get back to Shopify dashboard. However, on returning to shopify, the PayPal express option remains deactivated!

I can access my PayPal account and it is functioning fine.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Any suggestion regarding how can I overcome this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 42 67

Hi, @hj595!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're experiencing with trying to re-connect the PayPal Express payment gateway. I'm happy to help out here! It's hard to say for certain what's going on here without taking a closer look, or without more information, but since you successfully had PayPal Express enabled previously, we should be able to get it re-activated. Let's try some troubleshooting steps first to see if this issue is computer/browser related. 

1. First let's check if your computer is updated to the most recent software available. If not, please update as sometimes an outdated operating system can restrict browser updates.
  2. Next check that your browser is fully updated. If not, please update.
  3. Clear your cache and cookies, log into your account and try again.
  4. Try in an incognito/private browsing session.
  5. If the above steps yield no different results, please try another internet browser and complete steps 2-5 again.  

After completing the above steps, please reply to this post and let me know if you're able to get the PayPal Express gateway connected. I'll be happy to take a closer look if the issue persists. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @hj595 , I'm having similar issues after de-activating PayPal then trying to re-activate, but in my case I was trying to activate a different account and I can't get PayPal to redirect back to Shopify.  I'm tracking this in another discussion here - https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/activating-paypal-express-checkout-on-....  

0 Likes