I need another payment gateway

Highlighted
4 0 0

I have a problem with payment methods on my shopify , because I cannot connect a private pay pal .. I need another payment gateway any suggestions.. plz

I have a stripe account, I will immediately explain that this is a private account and ... in the stripe account service panel they give codes to insert into other web, but ... in the current shopify panel on shopify there is no option to add stripe codes ... any advice

I found a video on YT about how to add a stripe account, but ... they show a shopify account which I don't have .. they have other options .. maybe you know how to find them
see - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgVrevsmLQI

shopify YT.png

please help> where i will find the menu shown in the picture above

in my opinion the instructions from the YT movie show the admin panel that no longer exists, maybe it was the old version of the shopify shop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 244

Hey there, @Arthur_MorganUK 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Was there any reason in particular that you did not want to set up a professional/merchant account with PayPal so that you can use it in conjunction with Shopify? I would recommend setting up a merchant account here. Alternatively, if you connect a personal account you will be sent instructions on making this a merchant account as soon as you receive your first order through Shopify that is paid for through the PayPal gateway.  

As for this Stripe question. Stripe is not made readily available in any country that has Shopify Payments available. If you are in a Shopify Payments supported country I would recommend using Shopify Payments as opposed to Stripe because you will not encounter transaction fees. If you would still like to use Stripe and are in a Shopify Payments supported country - I would recommend reaching out to our support team to make Stripe available to you. Once Stripe has been made available you should be able to log in with your API Key and Password etc. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Explains..
1 I thought that on shopify you can sell as a private person like you do on
ebay or amazon
2 I found a shop on shopify I didn't have a company
that's why I tried to connect a private pay pal and if it failed, I wanted
to connect the stripe
3 I live in the Netherlands and I don't see the stripe button, that's why I
asked for help

4 I already have an LLC registered in the US since yesterday but I don't
have an SSN there and that's why I couldn't run shopify payment

5 all these problems cause that I have to register another company but in
Europe to have a company pay pal account right away

summary..

I have a shop for many days and I can't sell anything and I'm worried that
until I register my new company I won't have the opportunity to sell or ..

show me step by step info how to add stripe codes
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 244

Yes! You can sell as a sole trader, however, in order to have full functionality with PayPal such as refunds you need to have a merchant account with them. It should be relatively easy to set up with them. 

In your Shopify account, have you got your address set as the Netherlands or the US? The payment gateway options shown to you is completely dependant on the country you have input in Settings > General. As mentioned, if you have Shopify Payments available to you (as they are with the US and Netherlands) you have to contact our support team so that they can make Stripe available to you. I cannot do this from here as I would need account access. You can contact our support team here. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
in Settings> General I have entered data from LLC in the US, i.e. -
bestshop4u trading company LLC 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, Delaware 19958,
USA, but ... I still don't see the stripe button .. how to find this stripe
button
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 244

Contact our support team and ask them to disable Shopify Payments so that you can use Stripe. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes