I need help setting up 3rd party payment methods.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a dropshipping store and I am running it from India. I have setup express checkout using paypal but I want to have multiple options. My market is going to be US only, I want my customers to have an option to pay via credit card, debit card or amex etc. Can please someone tell me how I can do this and if its possible or not considering I am from India.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! While PayPal is a great option, it's always good to have other payment options as well. I'd be happy to offer some guidance on how to set up a third party payment provider.

You can find the available payment gateways for India here. They include:

EBS
Airpay
2Checkout
G2A Pay
Coinbase
GoCoin
PayDollar
LAY BUY
BitPay
MasterCard Payment Gateway Services

To set one of these up, you'll need to login to your Shopify Admin. In the lefthand menu, go to Settings > Payment providers. In the Third-party providers section, click Choose third-party provider.

On this page, you'll see the available payment gateways for your business. All you need to do is select the provider that you want to use from the list, enter your account credentials for the provider that you selected, and click Activate. You can only use one payment gateway at a time. If you already have a provider enabled, you'll need to change your credit card payment provider.

I hope this helps you with setting up your third party payment providers! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ryder i've been trying to test out my cart checkout actual using a 99% discount coupon to actually purchase from my store, and to test out my supplier shipping days. 

Thing is paypal and other third party payment gateway is returning error when I click Complete Order error1.JPGpaypalerror.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there, @brianpatricklu!

Thanks for posting. Through a quick Google search to see what might be causing this, I was able to find this PayPal guide for Why did I get result code 5? You may be interested in reading through it, but ultimately it sounds like the issue is coming from invalid merchant information. It doesn't seem to be a Shopify issue but there's a few potential causes listed in the guide, so you can try working through them and reaching out to your bank as well as PayPal for further support. I hope this helps! Best of luck.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes