I want to close my store. Why I was charged on Pause and Build plan?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I close my store few months ago and I just got charged today for Pause and Build plan. Could you please refund me that amount and make sure my close is permanently closed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 100 358

Hey, @ChheangL

From the sounds of it, you selected the "Full Pause" plan instead of closing your store which fully disables your admin access while leaving a landing page available for your business. The Full Pause plan will stop all payments for a total of 3 months. Once the three months have passed, then the account will automatically move to the "Pause and Build" plan for $9/month. You will want to login to your store, navigate to Settings/Plans and Permissions and select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. After you follow the prompts, your store will be closed and removed from active billing. 

In terms of a refund, our Terms of Service does state that we do not provide refunds; however, we can make exceptions on a case by case basis as long as the store is fully closed. If you can close your store, then reply to my email titled "Shopify Forum Support" with the requested information then that will verify your account to allow me to review your refund request. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes