Solved

I want to sell a product as charity

wheresthecookup
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I'm looking to create a product in my store where all the proceeds goes straight to a charity of my choice. Is there a way where I can send all the proceeds from checkout to a specific charity?

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Welcome to the Community, @wheresthecookup. That's a great question!  Since giving back seems to be a large part of your business, you may be interested in reading the Shopify blog post Social Entrepreneurship: How to Become a Changemaker Through Business. It has some really great information, and showcases some other Shopify businesses that are doing the same. I hope you can find some additional inspiration in it. Is there a particular cause you are working towards helping?

Anyways, back to your initial question. Yes! You can set up your website so that the proceeds from a specific product is donated to charity. And you can do it by using a third party app from the Shopify App Store. I recommend starting by taking a look at these ones:

For more information about using third party apps, please see the Help Doc on Apps for your Shopify store. Let me know if you have any questions about it, but if you need support with any of the apps directly (for example, you would like to know more about the features, or need help setting it up to work as needed on your store), then please contact the app developer directly. They’re the most knowledgeable about their apps and will be able to assist you with whatever you may need.

I wish you all the best! Let me know if I can help with anything else. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Welcome to the Community, @wheresthecookup. That's a great question!  Since giving back seems to be a large part of your business, you may be interested in reading the Shopify blog post Social Entrepreneurship: How to Become a Changemaker Through Business. It has some really great information, and showcases some other Shopify businesses that are doing the same. I hope you can find some additional inspiration in it. Is there a particular cause you are working towards helping?

Anyways, back to your initial question. Yes! You can set up your website so that the proceeds from a specific product is donated to charity. And you can do it by using a third party app from the Shopify App Store. I recommend starting by taking a look at these ones:

For more information about using third party apps, please see the Help Doc on Apps for your Shopify store. Let me know if you have any questions about it, but if you need support with any of the apps directly (for example, you would like to know more about the features, or need help setting it up to work as needed on your store), then please contact the app developer directly. They’re the most knowledgeable about their apps and will be able to assist you with whatever you may need.

I wish you all the best! Let me know if I can help with anything else. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

funding_cubes
Visitor
2 0 0

Funding cubes is a modern fundraising platform that provides everyone a new and easy way to raise money for  the causes that matter. From running campaigns to support the community or your own education, we are making it simple for everyone to raise money in the easiest way  possible. It is the best fundraising platform leveraging the power of the latest technology to make the payment processing fast and secure for both the donors and the campaign owners.

https://www.fundingcubes.com 

funding cubes

MariyaK
Shopify Partner
23 1 1

Hi @wheresthecookup - looks like this is all sorted, but if you are on a look out still and want to partner with a UK Charity - look at Pledger - UK Giving App. Its built for this exact user case.