I will send you a gift if you can help me to solve my shipping problem

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all, I have a question here~

My company is selling furniture via Shopify store now, back to the completely offline business mode period, my company is able to deliver goods by our own truck within the city, Johor Bahru, Malaysia (next to Singapore, just a cuaseway away), and Singapore too. We provide free delivery for locals, and 18% charge for Singapore customers, including tax declare and everything.

Now, through our Shopify store, we can sell and ship part of our products---flat pack-DIY furniture (let's name it product A) to nationwide and overseas via courier service like FedEx. Another type, not yet uploaded, is in large sizes, such as raw wood dining table in whole piece, without hard cardboard packing (let's name it product B) and only can be delivered within my city and Singapore by ourselves. So, now I'm trying to expand or products line-up, and upload product B on Shopify store, I found that I have to solve this problems first:

1. Diverse my products clearly in Shopify store, so outbound customers (except Singapore) won't place order for both of product A & B, and in the end abandon their carts.

2. My shipping options are really complicated, and I'm so lost when I try to set up on Shopify store, I want to provide local customer the shipping option as following: when they buy product A, FedEx is show up, when they buy B or A+B, it will become local delivery; for Singapore customers, same situation but 18% delivery charge is needed instead of FOC, and for other customers from overseas, are ONLY allow to purchase product A.

I'm really frustrated because Shopify won't let us to setup the shipping options for our products one-by-one, and I contacted many Shopify app developers and tell them my situation, and no solution is found yet. So, I'm going to try my luck here, if anyone of you can help me, I will be really really really appreciate this.

p.s. Yeah, you will receive gift if you can help me to sort this out xD

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
310 1 30

Have you tried setting up your Product B's weight as, say 1000 kgs and then in shipping options not giving a value for 1000kgs product under your FedEx international shipping? This way, anytime the product B is added in cart, international shipping will be disabled or unavailable..

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
310 1 30

Another possible solution is let your customers set the shipping country before proceeding into checkout. So if a certain set of products (product B) are available, there are shown that product cannot be delivered for that country..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
310 1 30

One other solution, as soon as you identify the customer is international customer, hide prroduct B items completely from your store. This solution requires substantial liquid code modifications but entirely doable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I have a solution for Part 2. With the Multi Carrier Shipping label app you can define shipping rules based on Product type such that if Product A comes to the cart, FedEx shows up. If product B comes to the cart, Local delivery is shown. Similarly for Singapore customers, the rules are similar except the fact that an adjustment can be added for 18% extra amount. You can try the app and confirm your observations.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes