I would like to know how Shopify Basic plan works with relation to Payment -> Shipping -> Fulfillment. Are there any links that will help me understand this flow?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I would like to know how Shopify Basic plan works with relation to Payment -> Shipping -> Fulfillment. Are there any links that will help me understand this flow?

We are migrating from Magento and we had USPS, FedEx, and "Pick up at Distribution Center in Commerce." for the Fulfillment options. What kind of Fulfillment options does Shopify provide with the Basic plan.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

For starters, it's great to hear that you're in the process of migrating to Shopify! If there's anything we can help with during the process, you can definitely ask in our forums, but if you need a faster response, you can see how to reach out to our support team directly here. We're available 24/7 to help! 

As for how the orders flow works, essentially, when it comes to payment, you will have the option to set up any payment gateway that's available in your area. The payment gateway will be what decided how quickly your payouts go through, what credit card rates you pay and anything else you might need to consider. You can see a list of payment gateways based on countries here. If you don't see your country listed, let me know which country it is and I can grab those details for you. 

When it comes to shipping, you are completely in control of your shipping rates and what they look like. You can decide what countries you do and don't ship to, and then create rates based on weight, on price, or you can get live rates in your store. Lives rates are when all of a carts information is automatically sent to a carrier like USPS and then the correct rates are configured during the checkout so that you're never over or underpaying for shipping on your end. 

When it comes to our Basic plan, in some countries, we have a few carriers available for live rates. In Canada, you can use Canada Post, and in the United States, you can use USPS, DHL Express, and UPS. Check out this page to learn more. 

Finally, when it comes to fulfillment, if you are using a fulfillment company, you can do a quick search in our App Store to see if they have an app built to help you with this process. Just search for your fulfillment companies name and see if anything pops up. If not, you can add any fulfillment company to your store manually through the steps on this page. Once an order is fulfilled, all the order and customer details will then be emailed to your fulfillment company. 

If you have already started a 14 day free trial, you can create a test order through the steps on this page to see what this process will look like first hand! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes