ID Verification - Utilities Bill

KasieCreates
1 0 0

Hi Team,

I have a Shopify store registered in New Zealand, where I live & run my business from.  I have had trouble with the ID verification Shopify requires.  A couple of days ago, the system asked for a copy of a Utilities bill to continue receiving Shopify payments.  I did just that, the name on the bill is mine & the same as the Shopify store.  The address is the same also as I operate out of my home address.  I now go into Shopify and it advises me that the bill I submitted is not accepted.  As you can see below, the system contradicts itself by asking for Photo ID in the warning section but asking to upload a Utilites bill in the bottom section, which I did.

I have also searched through the Shopify Help and read through all other posts I can find relating to this and can find nothing wrong with the information I initially uploaded.  My photo ID was uploaded previously about a year ago when Shopify asked for it in similar terms and I had no trouble with that.

Please help, it shouldn't be this difficult !!!

Thanks

Kasie

KasieCreates_1-1613865300698.png

KasieCreates_2-1613865335438.png

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
946 80 221

Hey, Kasie.

Julie here from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

If you're having troubles uploading documents for your Shopify Payments account, the best thing to do would be to get in touch with our Support team directly. 

Did you receive an email from our team about your Shopify Payments account? If so, I recommend responding to that email. Your response will go directly into the inbox of the Shopify Payments team and they'll be able to further assist with the upload. 

If you didn't receive an email from the Shopify Payments team, that's no problem! In this case, you'll just need to reach out to our live Support team. Since this issue pertains to your account, they'll be able to access your account details and help you with the upload; I'm glad to hear that you've already accessed the Shopify Help Center, as this is how you can get in touch with our Support team. For your convenience, here's the link to our Support page. 

When it comes to sensitive account-related issues, it's always best to reach out to Support directly, as they're the best equipped to assist and they'll be able to ensure that your documents are uploaded successfully.

I hope this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes