IMPORTANT Shipping Question

Abhi5
Tourist
11 0 1

[PLEASE READ ALL]

On my dropshipping store (via. aliexpress) I choose products that provide the Oberlo shipping option. I have selected free shipping to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States & United Kingdom, but what do I do for the rest of the world? (e.g. major countries like japan, china, india, bulgaria). Videos suggest that I add a large shipping cost such as $50 so other countries don't purchase from me, but I don't think that this is efficient.

Not only this, but if I have a shipping policy of (Due to demand, products take 12 - 20 days to arrive), this won't be accurate for 90% of products. Since sometimes in for example, Canada, the shipping time is 12 - 20 days, and for the U.K it's 15 - 30. It's just, messy - if I have "Shipping Takes 15 - 30 days in Canadia" "Shipping Takes 20 - 30 Days in Australia" etc. AND it also takes a long time to add all these shipping zones.

What do I do in these instances? I've already imported over 50 products to my store and deeply edited them. This is one aspect that makes me question dropshipping in some aspects, I cannot afford to do custom shipping fulfiments at the moment. I also much prefer to include the shipping costs in the price itself to improve the customers experience.

A way around these problems will be HIGHLY appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
Todd19
Shopify Partner
97 0 14

Hi there,

Add a shipping zone for each separate country you want to ship to. You can then just not add any other countries if you don't want to bother with them, or offer free shipping to only your 5 countries and have people pay shipping for all other countries.

See this image of shipping zones set up for the US and Northern Ireland. If this were for a live store, people would not be able to ship to other countries. 

You should have a general "shipping" policy detail page that lists the different shipping times for each country. You don't necessarily have to do this for each product.

Hope that helps.

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Abhi5
Tourist
11 0 1

It's fine if I add a shipping zone for each seperate country, but the problem is, is that ePacket might deliver an item to the USA in 12 - 20 days, and 20 - 40 days in the U.K! 

It's not convenient at all for an item to arrive in up to 2 months. On my description, I have guarenteed 'no suprises at checkout', which I can obviously change, but I'm not sure what I should do in these situations with differing shipping times.

Should I change my policy on all items to "Please allow 12 - 40 days for shipping", state the shipping time for all countries or what else? As sometimes other products also have different shipping times, but usually 12 - 40 days.

0 Likes
Todd19
Shopify Partner
97 0 14

Well, you can install this app, which will show people the shipping costs and times in their cart: https://apps.shopify.com/shipping-rates-calculator-plus

But yes, on your shipping info page, you'd list the fulfillment + shipping times for each country or region you ship to.

On each product page, if you want to have only 1 shipping line, yes, you'd say something like "Shipping may take up to 40 days depending on your location."

0 Likes
Abhi5
Tourist
11 0 1

Would it be a bad idea if I were to get a size chart on each product and instead of displaying the 'size' of a product, in the collumns, I write the shipping times to each country?

Also, instead of making the shipping cost for other countries an insane amount, what if I just find another supplier who sells the same product, just with cheap shipping in that specific country?

0 Likes
eprolo
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

You can use the eprolo app, which offers all the best-selling products from AliExpress, all free shipping. EPROLO APP Dropship every order under your name, they will add your company info and logo on the scotch tape, invoice, label, and box!
And Your client will never receive many packages from one order.And you can one click bulk ordering. Forever free to use.Start or grow your business with Eprolo now!
Https://apps.shopify.com/eprolo?source=eproloecommerce

0 Likes
Todd19
Shopify Partner
97 0 14

Hi again Abhi,

Yes, finding product suppliers that are located closer to where your customers are is a great way to reduce shipping times and costs.

I responded to your other post with some suggestions for apps which can help show people the shipping times and costs for their countires. Take a look. But yes, having a shipping times chart is one way to solve that problem.

BTW, it's great to think about this stuff as you're building out your store. However, don't feel that you need to solve all of the issues you identify. Start small and test and learn. Figure out where you expect the bulk of your customers will be and focus on there. There are millions and millions of people out there online shopping, so don't worry about missing out on those from one or more specific countries.

Todd

ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify

0 Likes
Francis13
1 0 0

Shipping is good

0 Likes