Ideal solution for managing POD store returns?

mjvbulldog
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi all,

I'm building a store that focuses exclusively on POD (for now) thus no physical inventory or warehousing. Inevitably some purchased items will be returned; I don't want returned items shipped to my business location or my POD providers locations. But I'd still like customers' returns to be sent SOMEWHERE that can verify the customer followed through on the return policy before a refund is processed.

Does anyone know of a vendor that manages this type of issue, or have any recommendations about where to look for a solution? Appreciate your feedback!

Replies 3 (3)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @mjvbulldog.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with our network. I did some research for you, and I wasn't able to find a vendor or third-party manager to help manage your returns. However, I do have some tips I'd love to share with you typically recommended to Print on Demand model businesses.

1. Consider setting up a PO Box for your business address
    This is a good idea for any business that operates from a residential address and doesn't want to share personal details. It's a cost effective way to keep your business running smoothly.

2. Re-evaluate your Return Policy
    Many businesses using POD services have a no refund/return policy due to the nature of these custom products.

I'd also like to open the floor to hear from other merchants and how they are managing return requests for custom products.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mjvbulldog
Visitor
3 0 1

Thank you @Olivia!

These tips don't quite solve the issues I mentioned but they do point in a direction that makes sense for my business. Appreciate the help!

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thanks for your reply, @mjvbulldog.

That's totally fair. Please let us know what you end up going with, if different from these solutions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog