If i deactivate shopify payments, will I be able to activate it again?

julianpmcaf
5 0 0

Kind of a dumb question but if I deactivate shopify payments (to switch the country) will I be able to activate it again?

Replies 20 (20)

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
140 9 25

The answer is, yes. If you deactivate Shopify Payments feel free to reactivate at anytime.  No problem.

Avoid reactivating Shopify Payments if you sell a prohibited product such as CBD oils, kratom, vapes and so forth. Explore the list of Alternative Payment Providers to avoid violating Shopify's Payment Policy regarding prohibited merchandise.

https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms-payments-us

If you do sell prohibited merchandise, simply activate a 'MANUAL PAYMENT METHOD'.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Certified Front-end Developer/Coder

Shopify Approved Partner

kevin@kjproweb.com

@julianpmcaf wrote:

Kind of a dumb question but if I deactivate shopify payments (to switch the country) will I be able to activate it again?

@julianpmcaf wrote:

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
ST12
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Kevin,

I am having a hard time reactivate my shopify payments. Can you please walk me through how to do this?

Thank you,

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @julianpmcaf

My name is Helen and I work for Shopify. This is a great question.

@kjproweb is correct. You can reactivate Shopify Payments after deactivating it to switch countries. Once you switch your store location in ‘Settings > General’, return back to ‘Settings > Payment Providers’ to reactivate it. It will look like this:

28-15-yy50o-udsb0

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Sundus_Ali
4 0 0
I deactivated shopify account and change the country but now shopify payment in payment providers is not showing for reactivation. Can you guide me how to reactivate it?
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @Sundus_Ali

I am happy to help!

Could you please confirm for me that Shopify Payments is available in the country that you changed your settings to? See here for the list of supported countries.

Thank you,

Sundus_Ali
4 0 0
Yes. I changed from US to UK. That's why I had to deactivate shopify payment first. After that shopify payment option in payment providor is not visible to activate.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thank you for confirming, @Sundus_Ali!

I will need to look directly at your account to determine why the option is no longer there for you. Therefore, I am sending you an email so that we can proceed with the next steps. Please keep an eye out for that email and kindly reply at your earliest convenience.

Wmoptional
Visitor
2 0 0
Hello I got a problem!! I have been deactivated Shopify payment but now I want it back but when I go to payment provider It not show a Shopify payment button to activate How to fix it plz
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @Wmoptional

Thanks for reaching out about this. I’m happy to look into it for you.

Have you changed either, the types of products being sold in your store, or your store address recently? 

Shopify Payments is available in certain regions only. Additionally, the use of it could be removed if the products being sold do not abide by the Shopify Payments Terms of Service.

Therefore, as a starting point, could you please confirm: 

• Your store address is in one of the countries on this list?
  • Your products are not part of the prohibited businesses found in the same document above. (However, if this were the case, you would have received an email regarding it. Please check your inbox as well).

Let me know what you find!

Didi2552
Visitor
2 0 0

How do I deactivate it

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @Didi2552. Welcome to the Community!

You can deactivate Shopify Payments following these steps:

• Go to ‘Settings > Payments’ in your Shopify admin
  • Click ‘Manage’ on the top right of your Shopify Payments section
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page where you’ll find a red button labelled Deactivate Shopify Payments. It looks like this:

21-03-5ef64-60err

Is there a specific reason why you are wanting to deactivate Shopify Payments? Keep in mind, once you do remove it as a payment gateway, you will be subject to transaction fees in addition to credit card fees, when using other forms of payments, such as Paypal or other third party providers. You can read more about this in the Help Doc for Transaction fees.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Wmoptional
Visitor
2 0 0
I also got this problem how to fix it plz
DrKen
Visitor
2 0 0

I deactivated shopify payments and am trying to reactivate, but the option to reactivate is no longer on my payments page. I need help!!!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @DrKen. I’m here to help! 

More often than not, you will have been notified by email if the option to use Shopify Payments is no longer available to you. Have you received an email about this by any chance about this? 

(When trying to locate an email, please also be sure to look for it in your spam/junk folder; We’ve noticed that some email hosts tend to direct Shopify emails there from time to time).

Let me know what you find, and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

ST12
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I followed your steps and it is giving me an error message and not letting me reactivate it.

Why is this?

Thank you,

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
140 9 25

Hi ST12,

It could be possible that Shopify deactivated the option to choose Shopify Payments. Have you checked your email box for a message? Or perhaps log into Shopify Chat to find out what's going on.

Sometimes Shopify will deactivate the option to choose Shopify Payments if they find a merchant selling a "restricted" or "prohibited" products such as firearms, Delta-8/9, kratom, or federally regulated products.

Again, log into Shopify Chat to speak with a rep about your specific account. And if you need credit card acceptance for a product or service that Shopify Payments does NOT support, reach out to me. Our company has direct relationships with several Shopify-friendly payment processors who support "high-risk" merchandise.

Good Luck,

Kevin James | Shopify Partner

Full-Stack & Front-end Developer

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
SanjayVisionary
Visitor
1 0 0

Even i am facing same problem, i am from india but selling in US and other countries. due to location india shopify payment not shown. now i have changed location to market place location to USA. but still shopify payment option not visible any where in payment page..? please help or i need to deactivate store then again will make

ChuaWenRong
Visitor
1 0 0

When I deactivated shopify payments I still had about $40USD inside. If I am to reactivate it now with a different Business ID/UEN will I still be able to get my $40USD back? (still the same store, same name, same billing address ,etc) (only difference is the Business ID/UEN)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

That’s correct, @freda0328; Thanks for pointing that out! You can reactivate Shopify Payments again after deactivating it, by going to ‘Settings > Payments > Activate Shopify Payments’ as seen below:

21-03-j177v-h9443

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

You’re welcome, @freda0328! I’m happy to hear it was helpful for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.