Import Duty Fee Calulations

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6

Hey guys great stream, I have a question regarding import and custom fees.  We ship internationally and recently we had a few customers get charged almost the same amount they spent on there product before shipping fees in duty fees in there country.  Both recent complaints were from canada and we used UPS both times to ship where we usually use USPS but there was huge pricing advantages shipping with UPS and thats what the customer selected during checkout.  Is there anyway we can add a few calculator for the users end country or some sort of reminder to tell them make sure you check first your fees?  Most of what we sell is between 65-95$ USD

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I agree. It seems there is a ton of variability in taxation and shipping expenses. Any recommendations on building this into the international checkouts would be great. I think DHL has an upcoming calculator (atleast that is what we heard from our fulfillment company) but ideally we would need it to calculate shipping and taxes accurately on the fly. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6

Yes im in the same boat right now and trying to figure out whats what and how can we atleast show customers the costs (TAX-VAT,CUSTOMS,CURRENT TARRIFS) but reiterate we have no control over them.  It would be nice to have them pay for it all at once and have say DHL,USPS,UPS deal with it and not the customer when they get the package dropped off or they pick it up at there local post office.  Customers get blind sided by those customs fees sometimes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3

Checkout FlavorCloud in the Shopify app store. Allows merchants to present duties and taxes at Checkout and customers to pay those fees in advance and those rates are guaranteed, so no surprises at delivery. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6

Interesting software, but I just relized this doesnt help me with any of my sales coming from amazon, ebay, etsy where most come from.  The software looks great though thank you this will be usefull as we make more sales outside of those marketplaces.

1 Like