In-Store Pick up and Shopify POS

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 5

Does Shopify POS allow for an in-store pick up feature? If so does it protect the seller against fraudulent transactions? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 14 45

Hello Adam! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! What you can do is add in a shipping rate called "In-store Pick up" using this doc! That will allow your customers to choose "In-store Pick up" as a shipping rate and all then to go through with their purchase. 

As for fraudulent transactions, Shopify has a built in risk analysis process that will help stop fraudulent orders from going through. Be sure to check out more about risk analysis here!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 2 2

Hey Adam,

I hope you're doing well.

I know this is a fairly old post, but if you are still looking for a solution for securing your in-store pickups then maybe our new app will be of use to you! It adds a unique security code to each pickup order and securely emails the customer with it when their items are ready for pickup. Your in-store shop staff then have to input the security code to mark the orders as picked up. 

The app is currently in beta, although we're aiming for a full public release within the next couple of weeks. If you'd like to find out more take a look at our article here:

https://support.zapiet.com/order-management-for-pos/store-pickup-delivery-order-management-for-pos

Or just drop me a reply on here :) 

Thanks

Andy

Founder - Zapiet - Store Pickup + Delivery (apps.shopify.com/click-and-collect)
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 2 2

Just an update to my previous post. We have now baked all our POS functionality directly into our existing app Store Pickup + Delivery. It's live and ready to use right away :) 

Founder - Zapiet - Store Pickup + Delivery (apps.shopify.com/click-and-collect)
0 Likes