Incorrect banking account details

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to change my bank account to a new one, and I keep getting this message:

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

I'm not sure if I put it in incorrectly during the initial set up or not. Can someone please help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
700 74 126

Hey, @NaturalReese!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble updating your bank account details. Can I ask if you have recently purchased or taken over this Shopify store? If you are sure you are entering the correct bank details then perhaps there was a typo in the older bank account details you entered. In that case, I can certainly help verify some details and get this sorted for you. 

In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner first. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue.  Can you assist?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
700 74 126

Hi, @Libbiad.

Thanks for reaching out. Absolutely, I can help you out with this. I'll send you the email to your email address attached to this forums account and confirm you are the account owner and once you reply to that email, I can take a closer look for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also having the same issue! Can i please get assistance as well?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Lulu,

I have the same problem like this, the payouts are not able to go to my bank account, it is saying that my old bank account is incorrect, but I haven't changed it since I started my store, so I think I entered it incorrectly from the beginning,  and they are asking me to enter the old bank account in order to update it but I do not know the incorrect one I entered and I cannot see it to fix it. can you help me please :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
700 74 126

Hi @MohamadHajj and @dannybalboa,

Thank you for joining in. I will have a look at both accounts and get this resolved for you both. It will be the same process as above so I can verify you as the account owner. I will send each of you an email to the email address attached to your forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will be able to dig deeper for you both.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi

I'm having the same issue.  Trying to update bank account details for payment settings.  Pretty confident I'm entering the old account details correctly but get the same error as others.  Can you please help me update?

Cheers

Tracy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, would anyone will be able to help me with changing the bank details? I think i've put incorrect details because when i wanted to change it this information come out: 

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

Would anyone will be able to help? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi! I am also having the same issue and need help fixing. Thanks!

0 Likes