Increase an automatic discount per item on your cart

VikVar03
1 0 0

Hi, I'm trying no increase the percentage per item, I mean if a person add 2 items give it a 10%, if add 3 items give it a 15%.
Any ideas?

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi, @VikVar03!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Who doesn't love a sale? A tiered discount is a great idea, and I'm happy to point you in the right direction to help you achieve this.

At the moment, Shopify's built-in discount tool is simple enough for new users, and has some awesome features for the pros. With that, there can be a shortfall on features. Whilst you can create an automated discount or "Buy X, Get Y", it's not able to tiered at the moment using our discount tool. It's something we've received a lot of feedback about, and I'll be happy to add this post into the feedback so our team can consider it.

With that being said, this is where our Shopify App Store comes into the picture. Our App Store is full of great integrations from our partners to help fill in those gaps where we don't want to overcomplicate the platform. You'll find apps for things like email marketing, SEO improvements and, more importantly, discounts. There's some great apps that allow for tiered discounts like the one you're suggesting, and I've recommended a couple below.

• Volume & Tiered Discounts

• Free plan available. 14-day free trial of the Pro Plan.
    • Offer Percentage Based Volume and Quantity Discounts
    • Boost order value and sales for your store by incentivizing visitors to add more items to their cart.
  • Unlimited Bundles & Discounts

• Free plan available.
    • Setup Product Bundles with different types of discounts that increases the Conversion Rate of your Shopify Store.
    • ZERO coding required.

These two apps also work quite well together. Bundling products, coupled with tiered discounts can really increase the customers experience. If these apps aren't quite what you're after, here's a full list of apps created for making discounts easier: https://bit.ly/357xYvM.

Once you've sorted the discounts out, let's talk about how you're going to market to your customers. With free courses on marketing, store design and more, I'd recommend checking out Shopify Compass (https://bit.ly/2LyfedE). It's the one-stop shop for merchants who want to increase their conversions and start making sales. It's free to join and free to use!

Good luck with the sale, and please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes