Indian Online store - want to sell in usa & accept $$

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I am starteing an online store which is registered in India at my local addres in Delhi.

I am dealing in arts and crafts products, and accessories. I have to sell it online in usa market.

I have following issue/queries :

1. So if I open a shopify store in usa could i use my indian paypal account & accept payment in us dollers

2. could i just use clickfunnel for upsell with my indian paypal account

or

3) do i need  a usa bank account to open a shopify store & make sale is usa ( not sure) 

Please help 

thanks

Rupesh Masson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
41 0 7

Hi Rupesh!

Welcome to the Forums!

I've broken down this answer for you, in multiple sections.

Payment Gateways:

If you sign up for an account with Shopify, using your Delhi address, you'll need to set up a payment gateway.  Here is the list of the Payment Gateways that are available for shops in India.  With your stores, you can have 1 credit card gateway, and PayPal as a separate gateway.  This means that a customer can check out using a credit card (so long as the card is supported by the gateway), or PayPal, if they had a PayPal account.

Currency:

Currency our platform allows for acceptance of one currency.  Whichever currency you choose, this will be the one that customer's see.  You can install currency converter apps from our App Store, but these currencies will only be visible on the storefront, and the checkout will display the total in your chosen currency.

Here's an example.  Let's say, because you're based in India, you sell in Rupees.  But, you wanted US customers to see their local currency.  If you installed a currency converter, customers would see the price in USD, but as soon as they reached checkout, their total will be displayed in Indian Rupees.

In the case where you choose to accept payment in USD, you can definitely do that.  If you've got a PayPal account set up to accept USD, then you should have no trouble there.  When customers pay via PayPal, the funds will appear in your PayPal account

In terms of credit card gateways, whichever gateway you choose (aside from PayPal), may require you to open up a US Dollar bank account, but this depends on the specific gateway you choose, as each one varies, and I would double-check with them.

I hope that helps!

- Jordan | Shopify Guru
  support@shopify.com

2 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

PLEASE HELP

I AM BASED IN INDIA AND USING PAYPAL FOR PAYMENTS. I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IN USA AND IN INDIA.

SUGGEST ME THE RIGHT CURRENCY CONVERTER AS PAYPAL DOES NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM USD TO INR. HOW CAN I DO TEST ORDER ON MY STORE.

It's MY FIRST WEBSITE AND REALLY LOOKING FOR HELP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

CAN YOU SHARE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. I AM NEW INTHIS BUSINESS. NEED GUIDANCE

@rupesh1 wrote:

Hi

I am starteing an online store which is registered in India at my local addres in Delhi.

I am dealing in arts and crafts products, and accessories. I have to sell it online in usa market.

I have following issue/queries :

1. So if I open a shopify store in usa could i use my indian paypal account & accept payment in us dollers

2. could i just use clickfunnel for upsell with my indian paypal account

or

3) do i need  a usa bank account to open a shopify store & make sale is usa ( not sure) 

Please help 

thanks

Rupesh Masson

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

As I Too Facing The Same Problem That I am From India..In What Basis I Want To Manage My Account Setup Which Means To Receive The payments In Indian RS..What Are All The Procedures I Want To Do.?..Kindly Help Me On It

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I have setup my store in India , Local currency is INR . But we are selling all over world , but during checkout it is showing in local currency and customers are not able to pay because it shows in INR. I have paypal activated but that doesn't help and I am loosing customers , Two people wanted to pay from US and UK but they couldn't. They chose paypal but couldn't pay. Where is the problem.

Regards

Anchal

Dress365days

0 Likes